Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Barber and Finally it is all making sense.

B Spa

I made it out for a couple of hours today and found my first Barber quarter. Once again I was using Magics Pro Program with the RX 15, Stereo Mix Mode, Lock Track (slightly positive), Recovery Delay 125, and the Frequency set at 5hz High Pass. It rang in loud and clear with a VDI at 91/93. It was in the ground about 8 inches. All I have been using this year is my new Super 12 Coil. I think the the coil, stereo mix mode and lock track are having a significant influence on my recoveries. Further, after about a year the V3i is really making sense to me, not only the set-up and maneuvering through the programs but being able to actually visualize what is in the ground by the sounds made and the information given. One last thing I did new this year, I removed (bypassed) the Six Block Menu and I am going directly to the Expert Menu through the Menu/Tab button, it is quicker and more logical for me.
Mike

I remember Magic's program from a year (or more?) ago, but I don't remember a pro program, or mixed mode. Is there a different version floating around somewhere?

----EDIT----

Oh, and awesome coin. I still have yet to find my first barber anything.

Nope, same program. You can run any program in a mixed mode, and make changes like RD.

Yes, like Rob said it is the same program from Magic that originated from the High Pro program and the mixed mode stereo is the audio setting where a person hears the all metal in one ear and discriminate in the other, it's just one of the audio options and can be used with any program but you need headphones with stereo.

I just bypassed the 6 block option. Seams to me that it was more confusing than helpful. Now all I need is a Barber.. Probably not many in Arizona though.... Mel

Guys have you ever wondered why you are using Magic's program? Have you ever checked how Magic's program differs form the stock Hi Pro program? They are pretty much the same. All I am getting at is people are grabbing programs off the forums and don't know why. Just because it works in Indiana doesn't mean it is right for you. You are going to have to start finding out why some features should be changed from the stock programs. That's why we don't all run the same settings.

Rob is correct the programs are very similar, but the major difference of why I use Magics program, and its difference from the stock program, is in the tone selection. I love the easily identifiable high tones for the targets I am interested in. I think that is why it is working for me. I actually run -95 to -1 at a tone of 5 (for the low tone) and I opened up +17 to +22 to 225 for the gold high tone in addition to tones in Magics Program. Like I said, for me the major change in my detection has been the Super 12 Coil (the concentric coil works great in my soil in up-state N.Y.), Lock Track and the use of Mixed Mode Stereo(it gives me every detail of what is in the ground). All metal detection is, as they say, local. Everyone should use what works at their specific location.
Mike

It sounds like you are getting it zeroed in for your style of hunting Mike.......:thumbup: