Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Barber park streak continues

Mcdetect

My barber-only silver streak continues at my favorite est. 1800s park. Today I scored my 9th silver coin from the park and every single one has been a barber. So far I have pulled a barber half, a barber quarter and 7 barber dimes. Today's dime is a 1903 p. Also scored a 1901 indian and a presidential dollar coin for good measure. The dime was pretty shallow but might have been on edge since it pinpointed off center and ID'ed like a simple clad dime. I was totally surprised when I saw the flash of a silver wreath while digging it out. Somehow I didn't hit it even though I wasn't digging cautiously since I thought I was digging a shallow-ish clad dime.
HH

Nice spot you have to detect.. Congrats on the finds

Congrats on finding all those Barber's !

Maybe go there with a larger coil for more depth if there's not to much trash in the ground.
I'd also try hunting the area after a heavy rain when the ground is really soaked - this can help get you get clearer and deeper signal on some sites.

Good Hunting !

Thanks for the tips etrac ohio! I'll give it a try. I've been there with a larger coil but not after a heavy rain. Every time I think this place is hunted out it proves me wrong.

The indian was probably 4 to 5 inches deep. Indians ring up in the same range as zincolns. 12-32 to 12-37 or so. I believe fatty indians ring up even lower...like 12-24...but I've never dug one of those since I've been hunting mostly trashy parks and find it hard or frustrating to dig in that range for long periods of time.

Mcdetect said:
The indian was probably 4 to 5 inches deep. Indians ring up in the same range as zincolns. 12-32 to 12-37 or so. I believe fatty indians ring up even lower...like 12-24...but I've never dug one of those since I've been hunting mostly trashy parks and find it hard or frustrating to dig in that range for long periods of time.

Very nice congrats on the coins! Keep up the great work! Love those old coins!