Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Barber Quarters....(smoothies)

oneguy

Was headed into Podunk today to do some shopping and remembered that I'd seen a backhoe parked the other day down at the "ol trashy ballpark" so I thought I'd better grab the tector...just in case????? Well I drove by the park and only noticed a big pile of fill that'd obviously been hauled in by dump truck? I drive off thinking..."then why the hoe?" so I drive back and into the park and notice some new dirt work for a water line and started searching the recent dirt work. Hunted for about an hr. and popped the 1st smooth quarter, then about 2 ft away,,,,another 11-47 and low and behold the second smoothie. They ain't pretty but they're mine.......

Pretty? Maybe not. Those are great finds. Can't say I've ever turned a pair of Barber Quarters on the same day. Congrats and good-on-ya for keeping your heads up for possible places to hunt.

Rich -

yea they maybe a lil slick, but you got two of them in one day. :super: That's some good heads up Detecting.

I never pass up any dirt work that has been done at a old park or school.

Thanks guys.....!!!!! Yeah...even tho they are slick it still made my heart go pitter-patter when 2 ft away the second 11-47 came up and out popped the second one...kinda fun. Today all I got was 1 wheat and 1 Rosie down in the next Burg 32 miles away............

A Barber in any condition is a great find - congrats !

Two barber quarters in one day great. I only have found one barber quarter period. Need to look for some "dirt work"

E-TRAC-OHIO said:
A Barber in any condition is a great find - congrats !

X2!! Literally! I've never found 2 silver quarters of ANY kind in one hunt,not to mention close by. EXCELLENT job keeping the eyes peeled as Rich said,sometimes those windows are very small,while possibility is quite high! And,I feel your pain about traveling to find zilch,we all do. Private property is the only known cure....and even THAT isn't foolproof,but the odds are way higher. Great finds!