Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Battery Charge ?

fishnnut

Hello,
Just bought a used Etrac and was wondering as I couldn't find any info in the owners manual but is there a way to tell when the rechargable battery pack charging is complete? I see a red lite came on the charger when I plugged it in a few hours ago but it's still on and I didn't know if the lite goes out or turns green or what...... Thanks for any help.

Hello,
no way of telling when the Minelab Batt Pack is fully charged other than plugging the charger in for about 14 hours drop it in your machine and check the meter bars to see if it's fully charged...
The red light you see will never turn green.
It's just to let you know it works.

I hope this helps?

i also check mine with a multimeter after unplugging the battery!
usually close to 12 volts when charged.

So if a guy hunts say 6 or 7 hours will the rechargable with a good charge last that long? I am suprised that there isn't an idicator of some sort on either the battery pack or the charger itself to let a person know when it's complete. Do you guys just normally after a day of hunting just let it go overnite and it's charged enough for the next day? I guess after I get to use it this spring I will just figure it out after a few cycles. I guess there is always the battery indicator on the machine itself to check the battery condition....

The standard batt pack can last 8 - 16 hours, but it all depends on the settings that you have set on the E-Trac, I have killed my pack in 4 hours with heavy use in one session.

I charge mine every other day for 8 - 10 hours (over night) so that I have a fully charged pack.

I''m looking at getting the RNB Innovations battery later this year as I find the Minelab battery does have it's limits.

I always used the rechargeable battery rather than the pack that takes throw aways. My hunting partners very rarely used the rechargeable. They didn't think it would stay charged properly. I don't think they ever put the rechargeable on their charger for the proper length of time. The afternoon, before a hunt, I would put the rechargeable pack on the charger. It would get a 12-14 charge and was ready to go. I did notice that if you charge it up, then don't use it for several days, the battery had lost some of the charge, and may not last all day. Also, if over a period of time the battery has gone done and not been recharged, it may take a couple of full charging cycles to achieve a full and lasting charge. I have been reading about the new RNB battery. Even though I use my CTX more than the E-Trac,I am considering the purchase of one of the RNB batteries for my E-Trac. It sounds like it is quite an improvement over the standard Minelab rechargeable..........HH

i plug mine in every time i get through hunting and just leave it untill the next time i go.