Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Battery Charger

Just received Ctx3030 yesterday. The battery has been on the charger about
18 hrs. and shows that it is charging, but still no green light on the right with
the check mark to indicate fully charged. Is this normal?

Take your battery out, and reinstall battery back into charger. Make sure it is inserted all the way, and that all wire connections are secure. If that isn't the problem, you may have a defective charger or battery.

Just out of curiosity, you might want to put the battery in your CTX and see how much of a charge it has taken on, but 18 hours does not sound right. If you have some charge on the battery, I would let it run in the CTX for a bit before putting it back in the charger.

GK, just removed/reinstalled battery still only pwr/charging lite on.

Larry, I will try as you suggest in the morning, will get back with results.

Thank you both for responding.

Welwood470 said:
Just received Ctx3030 yesterday. The battery has been on the charger about
18 hrs. and shows that it is charging, but still no green light on the right with
the check mark to indicate fully charged. Is this normal?
If the light on the left is solid, you have a full charge. It will blink while charging as will the wireless module.

Welwood470 said:
Thanks Uncle Tom, when, if ever might I see green light with check mark?

Never mind, I think I got it now. I thought there was a light on the end, but I suppose
it's just a symbol to let you know when the light is on steady, as you said, it's fully charged.
Thanks again.

same thing happened to me, I also thought something was wrong but it's just the way it is!

Glad you got the battery problem solved. Like you, I just got my CTX3030 yesterday, and it took 4 hrs to charge. The CTX3030`s are just flying off the shelves, they are selling like hot cakes. So far, I am impressed, it will take more time to get real comfortable using the CTX3030. Here in the frozen north it will be awhile before it get real use. Today, I threw some clad in my light snow covered yard, did a little field test, and made a GeoTrail, that I could play with in XChange2. I will be ready in the spring.

On the subject of battery chargers.....I know I'm showing my ignorance here, but can I recharge my Enelope AA rechargeables with the
Minelab recharger?

Welwood470, NOOOOO! Don't charge anything with anything other than it's intended charger. The Li-ion battery chemistry is not forgiving with tinkering...just ask Boeing. If you have a charger w/ your Eneloop's, YOU MUST remove the cells and charge them in their proper charger. I'm just curious, because I don't have the "back up" battery pack, will it even fit into the charger? I'd kinda be shocked if it did...this being the litigious society we live in, the engineers probably designed a way that the Li-Ion pack is the only thing that'll fit in the BC10 charger.

But let me know if not. Would be something that needs to get front and center to folks here!

Thanks
A

You might be playing with fire, literally. Use the charger designed for the enelope batteries.

Archimedes24,

Glad I asked. Yes the back-up battery case does fit the charger and I do have chargers for the Alkies.....I did
plug it in momemtarily (wet paint..lol) the charging lite came on for a split sec. and went right back out. I guess the Minelab
charger knows the difference. Everything you said makes perfect sense about mixing batteries and chargers. Thanks.