Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Battery problems or charger?

taltexan

Don’t really know if I have bad battery in both detector and wm10 remote or charger? When I plug the charger in the green light on power line comes on, when I plug the ctx battery in the green power light blinks red 2 times and green once. This repeats as long as the battery is in the charger. With the wm10 plugged into the charger I get a steady red blink on power line. The ctx battery shows about 30% charge on the detector. The detector powers up fine with the battery. The wm10 turn on also. Any way to check which is bad, charger or batteries? This is an older unit approximately 6 yrs old. Thanks

My ctx is about 7 years old and I recently replaced the battery. 6 years is about its life cycle. IF its been on the charger awhile both lights should be full green and it should show fully charges in machine Charge it over night and try again. The charger is really good. Sometimes I'll have 2 different machines on it together. Best

Don’t really know if I have bad battery in both detector and wm10 remote or charger? When I plug the charger in the green light on power line comes on, when I plug the ctx battery in the green power light blinks red 2 times and green once. This repeats as long as the battery is in the charger. With the wm10 plugged into the charger I get a steady red blink on power line. The ctx battery shows about 30% charge on the detector. The detector powers up fine with the battery. The wm10 turn on also. Any way to check which is bad, charger or batteries? This is an older unit approximately 6 yrs old. Thanks
Try letting the battery run all way down. Then recharge and see if this helps.

Carver

if you haven’t replaced the battery ever then it’s the issue. Buy new cells for it and rebuild it.
Dont toss it as the circuit board is valuable if it works.... They die too.

How would you know it circuit board is bad? Have had problems for over a year because will not relay audio when passed over metal with or w/o phones. We have replaced cable connector and wireless wm10 still no go. Dealer is currently working on it. Thanks

My son has a 3030, I got the charger from his today and the main battery along with the wm10 charged just find on his charger. I tried his battery on my charger and got the blinking red light. So I ordered a new charger today. Hopefully I’ll be back in business!

IMG_20210208_191339.jpg

The above pic is the voltage on a full charge pack this is a 2s 2p pack which means 2 batteries in series and 2 batteries in parallel another words each 2 cell group is one battery.
How to tell the heath of your pack the first port lets you read the voltage of the first 2 cells which is 3.18 volts same as the second port these batteries are good the voltage is matched .Should of wrote 4.1 instead of 3.18 da.
The total voltage of the pack is 8.2 volts the battery manage system or bms that's your circuit board sets the high voltage cutoff and low voltage cutoff .
Since the batteries are only charged to 8.2 that means the batteries will last longer the cells can be charged to 8.4 but the board is only charging to 8.2 for longer life lithium ion batteries last longer by not charging all the way to 4.2 a cell the board is only charging to 4.1 a cell .
Now there is a low voltage cutoff which should be set by the board at 2.75 volts or total pack voltage of 5.5 anytime the pack drops below this voltage the charger will not recognize the pack it well not charge .
So if your pack falls below 5.5 volts we need to take a 6 volt battery and charge it on the last 2 ports to get the charger to except the pack , charge it with a 6 volt battery for 30 seconds to bring the pack up to 5.5 volts or 6 volts.if the pack does not go to 5.5 volts do it again tell it gets there.

If the pack starts charging let it go to full then rest it for a day and see if it held the charge if the voltage drops then there is a bad cell remember there are 2 cells in parallel so port 1 or 2 will be low this is a self discharging cell in the 2 batteries in parallel the bad cell well discharge the cell that it is parallel to so that port well be low. Time to replace cells in that group pack 1 or pack 2 which ever one is low.

Now to keep your battery healthy store at 7.4 volts over the winter not at 8.1 your battery will like you for this lithium ion should never be kept at full voltage for long periods of time or under charged they degrade at the top and bottom voltage.
The boards are cheap 1 dollar on Flebay just find one that fits but they rarely go bad by checking voltage we can tell if it's the charger or battery .
As to how long the batteries last i have batteries that are 15 years old power tool batteries only last 300 cycles because of the amps they put out these batteries because of being low drain well last 600 to a 1000 cycles a cycle is full charged to dead if you charge before it's completely drained you well even get more cycles . sube

Last edited:
Sube, did you find a replacement power management board for the battery on Ebay?
Taltexan, see my pm. I and another guy tried to repair this board but its hopeless as the chip has to be programmed with a charge profile. So we are left with good cells but bad pack.

How would you know it circuit board is bad? Have had problems for over a year because will not relay audio when passed over metal with or w/o phones. We have replaced cable connector and wireless wm10 still no go. Dealer is currently working on it. Thanks
I mean the board that is in the battery pack.
So you have nothing discriminated in pattern 1 or 2 and it silences instead of beeps - or it just plain doesn’t sound at all? Check for nicks/cut in data cable from controller to pod where it makes sharp turns in the plastic. Does the clock keep time over power cycles?

bklein i don't understand why you think it's the charge profile it's the same on all 2s 2p packs or 7s or any pack the only thing that could be defferent is the cut of voltage and high voltage cut off .But just about all the boards i have used are 4.1 and 2.75 for high voltage and 2.75 low voltage cut off.
You can charge any 18650 pack with a power supply since this is a low mil-amp cell 2200 you should not charge over 1c meaning 1 amp . The charging profile for 18650 cells is constant voltage constant current or cv cc set voltage to 4.1 and current to .5 to 1 amp when you put a pack that has been used the voltage set at 4.1 will drop because the cells want current as the cell charges the voltage will rise and the current will drop at the end of the charge cycle the voltage well be 4.1 and the currant well be 10 or 15 mil-amps.
You can't overcharge because once you hit 4.1 the cell well take no more current. Any 2s 2p board on ebay well work you just have to find one to fit .pm me if you have a problem .sube