Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Battery Question

ShayneG

I have a CTX 3030 that I bought in 2012 that has the original BC10 Rev2 charging station. I need a new lithium rechargeable battery, will the current batteries sold today work with my detector - they look the same - and will my BC10 charge them? Thanks

Yep, I recently had to buy a new battery myself and it will still charge fine on the BC10. If you water hunt though buy it from ML or a dealer who has new ones in stock because ML is including new rubber seals that fit in the cavity of where your battery mounts w/o having to glue them in. They sent me 3 or 4. Best.

Just an FYI...side note....option....and if you want a big honkin’ battery for your CTX....the GPZ7000 battery is around 195.00 with roughly twice the run time. Also a little heavier obviously....and your BC10 charger will charge it.

If you are good with a soldering iron you can rebuild that pack and save big $$$...I took my pack apart, unsoldered the original LI 18650 batteries after taking pictures from all angles...removed them carefully from the circuit board and purchased 4 new 18650 batteries....soldered them up as per original confiuration, being very careful not to apply too much heat to each cell...soldered the pack back to the circuit board, closed it all up and charged it up...Like new...Total cost...about $25 for batteries and tin strips...You will also need a T10 screwdriver to remove the star head screws in the pack...Take your time, be careful, dont short them out when rebuilding the pack and you will be rewarded...

I hope you used 3500 mil amp cells lg or panasonic more run time the pack comes with 2200 mil amp cells you well get half again longer run time and don't use cheap Chinese cells regardless what they say for mil amps :thumbup: sube

If you are good with a soldering iron you can rebuild that pack and save big $$$...I took my pack apart, unsoldered the original LI 18650 batteries after taking pictures from all angles...removed them carefully from the circuit board and purchased 4 new 18650 batteries....soldered them up as per original confiuration, being very careful not to apply too much heat to each cell...soldered the pack back to the circuit board, closed it all up and charged it up...Like new...Total cost...about $25 for batteries and tin strips...You will also need a T10 screwdriver to remove the star head screws in the pack...Take your time, be careful, dont short them out when rebuilding the pack and you will be rewarded...
Very helpful and informative....thank you.

I hope you used 3500 mil amp cells lg or panasonic more run time the pack comes with 2200 mil amp cells you well get half again longer run time and don't use cheap Chinese cells regardless what they say for mil amps :thumbup: sube
Good information Sube...I used the 3500 Panasonic Japanese built cells...Do not use cheap Chinese 18650 cells....