Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Be seated when reading!

DFX-Gregg

I was due for a post...so here goes...Yes a seated dime from the grand old year of 1875, found today...and yes it was deep approximately 8 to 10 inches... Also shown are a couple of silver rings from the week, and a silver chain. All found with the Se with the 6" Excelerator on.

The badge I had shown when I found a few weeks back. I tumbled it along with the last few hundred in dirty clad and wanted to show how it came out. I am going to contact the church and see if they would like it back now. I also have been hitting a lot of silver, wheaties and other stuff along the way, but not much gold. Crossed over $600 for year in clad....

Is that your first seated?....

$600 in clad?....you must get out alot....I have a large coffee can not even half full yet from over 7 years from detecting....all though I had spent about $80 of it a long time ago......WOW!!!!
I got to get out more....I have found school yards are great for clad....just don't hit them much....

Congrats on the Seated Old Lady!

Yes it was my first seated dime. And yes I get out usually 4 times a week. I work midnights and my little town has over 2 million people, 38 beaches and over 500 parks. Modern clad everywhere, as well as a ton of parks. I will pick 15-20 parks a year and just constantly work them. Last year my story with the dfx and over $750 in clad with the pics were featured on Whites web site. I saved every coin and did not tumble a cent till after the year. It took me 6 days, 8 hours a day to get them all tumbled. This year I have a system and visit bank after tumbling once every two months. I average between $60 and $110 a month in clad.... I rarely have any great or old finds...mainly clad but a silver coin or two a month, lots of silver rings and once in a while something gold.... We all have our own systems I guess...

Thanks for the reply...usually when I post here...which is rare...my post gets buried immediately with zero or one response. But I still enjoy stopping in once in a while now and reading. Just left the church an e-mail to return the badge I found...should be interesting to find out its history and when they wore these metal security badges at a catholic church/school.

Hi Gregg

Which detector do you use more the DFX or the SE. I know you were finding 200 coins per day with the DFX. The reason I'm asking is i have an XLT and SE so i curious which performs better. I went through my backyard with the XLT then about a month ago i went over it with the SE and I found some coins the XLT missed.

Angelo

YOU DID IT---YOU DID IT!!!!----Man I'm happy for you Gregg, CONGRATS---I told you I really admired your "hangin in there" and it's paying off.--A seated at 8-10 inches-that's really neat and there's more to come, pardner.----I recovered HUNDREDS of coins before I found my first seated--and then I found 2 within a short period of time (go figure).---That 6" Excellerator's a "pretty good 'un"------Del

WTG, Greg!

I found my first and only Seated a few months back (1864?) and it was a nice surprise but I'd skipped over Barbers and finally found my first one (1906 dime) a few days ago.

You're a serious clad monkey, man. These days, I just skip over the surface ones unless they're quarters or I'm trying to clean an area out but you consistently dig a lot of clad. I need to speed up my digging technique. Starting to use my fiberglass fishing-rod-tip probe more lately for clad, so I'm starting to grab more clad. Hoping eventually doing that will unmask something nice. Gawd, I hate zincs though.

Where'd the Sox man go? (I still watch for your posts and his since we all started out with the SE almost exactly at the same time.)

Excellent find! (As Nick would say--righteous!)

WTG, Greg!

I found my first and only Seated a few months back (1864?) and it was a nice surprise but I'd skipped over Barbers and finally found my first one (1906 dime) a few days ago.

You're a serious clad monkey, man. These days, I just skip over the surface ones unless they're quarters or I'm trying to clean an area out but you consistently dig a lot of clad. I need to speed up my digging technique. Starting to use my fiberglass fishing-rod-tip probe more lately for surface finds, so I'm starting to grab more clad. Hoping eventually doing that will unmask something nice. Gawd, I hate zincs though.

Where'd the Sox man go? (I still watch for your posts and his since we all started out with the SE almost exactly at the same time.)

Excellent find! (As Nick would say--righteous!)

How is the Explorer DFX comparison coming. I got a call from a friend with a DFX today, He found his first Large cent 1848. We had done a bunch of comparing of signals and my explorer and F-75 with DD coils could get alot that his machine couldn't. But I'm not sure he had it tweaked right and looks like there are a lot of ways to go wrong.

Chris

Bet you were surprised when you seen Seated before your eyes on that dig! Congratulations on a SWEET FIND!!! :clapping: Sounds like your having a lot of luck on your hunts. Hope it continues. Good Luck and HH.:thumbup:

Very nice find Greg! I have a DFX and recently picked up an SE. I have the pro coil, but it still feels heavy to me. Looks like the 6" excellerator may be my next purchase!

greg, its good to see you are still at it and whith a deep seeking machine , must have been a rush to see that dime come out of the hole wow i found a V nickle 1898 this year never expected that one

a hot little sucker isn't it? I knew you would like it....I just wish you could have gotten one sooner. I bet over 50% of my silver and injun finds last year came with that hot little critter. Anyway...congrats on the seated...and other goodies. Heck...I'm happy to see a Roosey shining in the hole. Seated coins rarely pop out anymore....so that had to be a thrill you won't forget. Take care

Yes thanks it was a great surprise for me!:detecting: I see so much clad then this was under about 5 inches of sand and another layer of 3-5 inches of dark black dirt in an area I have hit several times with several coils and my other detector also...

Kellyco a call if you decide to get one... Maybe he can give you a deal if you mention the Findmall forum. Honestly it is my best coil on the Se. You mentioned the weight... I think the Se is balanced differently than the dfx...weighs a few more ounces. I like the 5.3 on the dfx.

Nice find, Gregg!

Would you share your settings with that 6" coil? I tried mine for the first time today at an old fairgrounds. I was hunting the gravel/dirt mix (very tough digging) and did manage a '46 Rosie, but I'm not sure I set the machine for optimum. Since I don't get out that much, I still consider myself in a learning stage with the SE.

I've used Bryce's settings with some success.

But this fairgrounds, in some areas, is so trash laden that I don't think much of anything can penetrate the layer of garbage....everything from nails to smashed aluminum cans...

Knipper

I had a big clad year last year and not sure if I will hit that much this year, But I am giving it a shot. I also mix the dfx in and between the two I think it helps hearing the different tones... The dfx is a clad vacuum...