Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Be seated when reading!

I am not digging as many cent signals as last year... Seems I still have a ways to go with the Se. More silver and deeper coins for me with the Se.... But less gold jewelry... Been using the Se more...but mix in the dfx and it never hurts.

I think being able to raise the sensitivity from the 19 to 24 area to 28 in manual helped the most. I also will run semi-auto in heavy emi areas....I am by far no expert with the Se but the other change you should notice is the 6" is the separation when swinging your coil slower...very nice.... Also I started out in digital which is the way with the dfx... But having a choice with the Se, I have switched to smartfind and now have been getting more coin spills which because of the digital readings I was missing. I like to switch to digital sometimes to check a signal for accurancy and a back up. Hope this helps...

I sure will. One thing that I also noticed about the SE is that is not as good with ID'ing stuff in the nickel-gold-pulltab area like the DFX is. I run my DFX 15khz normalized off, and I can pretty much tell if something is a nickel or not. Today I dug a beavertail that was 10-7 on the SE, right around a nickel ID. It would have been a 59-61 on the DFX, and a nickel would be 46-48.

ZincolnDigr said:
I sure will. One thing that I also noticed about the SE is that is not as good with ID'ing stuff in the nickel-gold-pulltab area like the DFX is. I run my DFX 15khz normalized off, and I can pretty much tell if something is a nickel or not. Today I dug a beavertail that was 10-7 on the SE, right around a nickel ID. It would have been a 59-61 on the DFX, and a nickel would be 46-48.

I use best data with the dfx and would have to agree...a little easier to pick up nickels with the dfx. But using the 6" Excelerator coil I have had quite a bit more luck with the nickels now with Se.

DFX-Gregg, congrats, nice seated 1875 dime find! The oldest I have found is an English 1879 silver Queen Victoria III pence about the exact size of a dime. Your not using the 10x12 SEF on the SE?

After about 100 people asking you this same question, what do you prefer, the SE(w/6") or the DFX(w/5.3) or which one in general?

(I know I sure hated my Garrett GTI 2500 and was glad to get rid of it.)

Thanks!

I can move a little faster with the dfx with the 5.3 and recover clad faster... But the Se with the 6" seems to beat out the dfx and the 5.3 easily for depth. I only hunt modern parks so the seated was a big surprise and at the depth it was at and to tell the truth I had hit this area with the dfx and the 5.3... no signal at all.... I had hit this area a few times with the dfx...

But I have had the reverse happen also hitting a field after using the Se with the 8" Minelab and then using the Dfx and pulling wheaties from what seemed the same area. I often am surprsed how much I miss by just gridding out a small area...

Hi Gregg cool finds. i love finding stuff like that badge heaps more interesting than coins + you can research them witch makes it more interesting. Do you think the 6 inch excelerator would help with highly minralized soil i"v got a few parks over here that make the explorer ll with the standard coil squeal like a stuck pig even running in auto sensitivity on 10 it"s still noisy & having trouble finding coins at 3-4 inch i"m thinking the smaller coil may help what do you think ???
thanks
lazyaussie

Nice finds......................Congratulations.

We have a high level of mineralization here.... I am surprised to hear you are only running your sens. at 10.... Like I have said before I am no expert with the Minelab detectors.... But I am sure the 6" would probably be able to help you... It almost sounds like something is wrong with your coil???? Maybe someone else could help with this... Or maybe you are in an area with electrical interference (emi)....

I did not think the Excelerator coil was going to make a difference and actually was going to buy an x-5 Sunray coil.... But this coil is worth investing in if you get out and use it....

Your doing well Gregg I've been hitting the ground fairly hard this season. Clad is at 1100.00 9 gold rings 23 silver rings and an assortment of chains. This year I've kept track of hunting hours and have put in 400 hours so far. Dan