Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beach and Water hunting my CTX

gare-oh

Last weekend I was in Bark Camp State park. I was told i could detect on the beach and in the water only. The parks in Ohio do not allow digging out side of the beaches and the water. When i got to the beach I probably swung the CTX for 15 minutes and never heard a beep in the sand. Then i went into the water with out head phones for another 15 minutes. Not hearing any sounds in the water I put on my waterproof head phones. After 1 1/2 hours of searching I had found 3 targets . One was a hot rock and the other two kept falling through my collection screen :( I tried hunting in the combined mode with almost no disc. Then i also tried hunting in the beach mode with very little disc.
People on the beach paid almost no attention to me . Now i am thinking this place had been hunted to death. Back on the beach I would swing the coil over the sand and no targets. But the minute you hit the grass line next to the sand it would start singing. with targets but i would not dig them for fear of a ticket. I carried a nickle in my pocket and would check the machine to make sure it was still working properly and i felt it was. Has anyone else ever had this happen to them ?

:rofl: If I had a nickle for every time I got skunked................:surrender:

You should have at least found some trash. But if it was detecting your nickle it must have been working. Maybe they had recently run one of those sand cleanering machines over the area and all the shallow targets were scooped up.

It sounds like you were at a beach during the day. All the places I have hunted start getting cleaned up around 5am so you might have missed it. I have also been at parks where you can hunt the beach/water only and I found the same thing, signals where you are not allowed to dig them and nothing where you are allowed to play. Makes sense if you think about it. As Larry said, If I had a nickel for every time I got skunked.....As for your detector, sounds like its fine. Sounds like a case of wrong place at the wrong time to me. HH -Marc