Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beach Finds 12/24

jeffc

Found these two goodies at low tide yesterday. Both are products of the CTX with the 17" coil. The ring is big. Initially, it rang up as a 11/12-47; however, after cleaning, it is ringing up as a 12/36-43. Perhaps it was silver plated. Very nice, nonetheless.

The chain rings up as 12-02 so I am hoping it is gold. Interesting that it does not contain a clasp and the CTX found it.

That ring is majestic looking! Very nice.....

I like the fact you found that chain with the big coil, I would figure possible with the smaller coils but a great catch with the big one.

The signal on the chain was bouncing around. Almost passed on digging it. This is the second chain I have found with the CTX. The first was found with the stock coil. I believe I had the good fortune of locating it because it had a knot in the chain. Just a theory.

Dude! :surprised: look at every single little link on that chain! Is it really heavy and feels like gold? could be a monster....this one sounded like a couple of pulltabs together or a piece of stainless steel strap like a hose clamp or something..this one did not have a clasp either, just a full 24" chain.
Mud

Mud,

It pales in comparison to your chain. I suppose I should take it somewhere and have it tested.

You had to bring that chain out again. I am suddenly feeling inadequate now...:)

Cmon Man! Yours looks bigger than mine!... (that sounds like what one fattie said to the other as they were showering together)...:rofl:

Boy I have a complex now seeing both of those chains, and ........................here I set with no chain.....:stretcher:

Two excellent finds. When I scan with my coil and get a target that is all over the place and doesn't have any iron sound, I dig. There's always somebody that has a bigger chain than you do, just don't let nobody pull your chain...lol
It does look like gold to me.