Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beach hunting: Ferrous Coin/High trash question.

Stogger

Strange thing that I Don't understand is when on the beach, if I do a swing past my wife's wedding band sometimes there is no signal (In High Trash). When I go to Ferrous Coin, the signal is clear.

Following. I'm considering the CTX but the beaches I hunt aren't high trash-more like EXTREME trash, lol! Seriously, pulltabs littered everywhere and at all depths. I've never seen any detector NOT struggle there but also not seen a CTX in action.

First off I would want to know how much descrim you are using, tell us about what your pattern is like, then second open up you pattern a tiny bit and see it it starts to read. You do indeed get different readings between the 2 settings. Perfect example, In High trash you are going to get a 01/41 or there abouts for a half dollar and a 12/47 in ferrous coin. So you can see if using the same discrimination pattern for both settings you may miss it with one of the settings vs the others.

Thanks for your inputs!! The discrimination pattern I used was the stock Beach pattern. That was strange because at home, this picks up the ring very well. Open screen didn't change the situation in beach mode it was still silent and no indication. Only when I went to Ferrous/Coin it read like normal.

I'm definitely not the expert here, but I dig all pull tabs. They give a solid indication that could be gold.

I have had the CTX 3030 for almost 2 weeks and I am thoroughly impressed. Very versatile and handles trash and iron well on West coast beaches. Do you have Andy Sabisch CTX book? I have the Deus and CTX books and they are extremely helpful. FC setting for low mineralization and heavy amount of ferrous targets per Andy. I have been using high trash due to the heavy mineralization on some of the beaches I hunt. They are subjected to heavy current and surf at times along with tide. So if there are a lot of pull tabs, conditions are poor...too much sand. I don't mind digging pulls tabs occasionally along with the gold. It's the iron and nails that get me...but the CTX has handled it.