Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beach settings?

Nuke em said:
I don't have a clue about how to do that but when I can I will give you a list of pixels to black out so you have the pattern .

As my ET was out of the box and as I was hitting the beach today I took the ET and used my pattern and settings . I will post in a while what I had :D

It will be on the finds section .

Hey Nuke em... don't spend too much time on that, I have a pattern set up now that is close to what you have that will give me a starting point, I can walk you through using the E-Trac Manager program to save/create modes and patterns and upload/download them between your machine and computer if you ever decide you want to. E-Trac manager is (in my opinion) far more powerful and easy to use than the Xchange program.

Mine is slightly higher than yours but close enough.

Nuke em said:
Mine is slightly higher than yours but close enough.

I used this pattern last night and in just 30 minutes had (all clad and recent drops) 8 quarters, 3 dimes and 10 pennies. The area I was working was about 10 feet wide UNDER a public fishing pier and just a MINEFIELD of old rusty iron screws and nails from the old pier that once stood there, construction debris from the when the new pier was built many years ago and from when lights were installed under the pier two summers ago. Add to that all the bottle caps and pull tabs and foil garbage being deposited daily.

I am first and foremost IMPRESSED with the E-Trac and its ability to ferret out the goodies from the trash and let me know where to dig! Other locals that I know stay far away from the pier because of the trash, and I have watched a few tourists with MD's try to work the area under the pier and give up after a few targets. I know I am a glutton for punishment but I absolutely love being able to pull out good stuff from amongst the rubbish.

This happened more than once last night but one time in particular I was detecting along and the machine went (threshold) hum - null/PEEP/null - hum and that PEEP was a very quick high silvery sound. So I Quick Mask'ed the machine and went back over the target with a 100% open screen and got the same sounds but the PEEP was much cleaner and the readings were 35/36 - 47, and the 47 was steady so I dug it and got a large chunk of heavy rusty Iron AND A QUARTER!! from about 4 inches. I did think to switch back to the old "Des Dunne" beach pattern to see if I would have missed it and I believe I might possibly would have passed this one over in the old tighter pattern...

So Nuke em, I guess I owe you at least one Quarter! Thanks for the pattern advice, just goes to show, You CAN teach an old dog new tricks!! :lol:

61315_10150251964605635_6733795_n.jpg

Glad its working for you Robby, have you seen my finds for Monday on the finds section ? I used the ET on that day with my program , then yesterday I used the Terra and today the Terra again .
But the beach has gone quiet again , cant wait for the School Summer holidays to start.

robby4570 said:
In fact Nuke em, here's what I did based on your picture...

By the way, here's the mode settings that I AM CURRENTLY USING. I'm not suggesting they are the "best" or even that anyone else should use them. I am still playing around with them and tweaking them but they ARE WORKING WELL FOR ME.

10524726_10154357366375635_6942580275701422244_n.jpg

My settings for the beach are

Sensitivity 28 Auto +3
Threshold tone just about silent
Volume limits 30
Threshold pitch 1 !
Noise cancel 1 to 4 max unless for Gold then about 6
Deep ON Fast OFF , or with TTF then other way round
Trash LOW
Ground DIFFICULT
Gain above 26
Response NORMAL
Multi tones or TTF
Conduct tones or Ferrous with TTF
Variability 30
Limits 30

Nuke em said:
My settings for the beach are

Sensitivity 28 Auto +3
Threshold tone just about silent
Volume limits 30
Threshold pitch 1 !
Noise cancel 1 to 4 max unless for Gold then about 6
Deep ON Fast OFF , or with TTF then other way round
Trash LOW
Ground DIFFICULT
Gain above 26
Response NORMAL
Multi tones or TTF
Conduct tones or Ferrous with TTF
Variability 30
Limits 30

Looks like except for Response, we use some pretty close settings to each other. I have tried normal and really prefer smooth, but to each his own. I think the differences between our settings might in some way be affected by the fact I'm in NW Florida and I assume you are in the UK (?)...

Yes I am from the UK.

In fact, here's a link to an article Des wrote on Normal Vs Sizing...

http://www.minelab.com/usa/treasure-talk/e-trac-pin-point-mode-choices

robby4570 said:
In fact, here's a link to an article Des wrote on Normal Vs Sizing...

http://www.minelab.com/usa/treasure-talk/e-trac-pin-point-mode-choices

I meant to put it on a facebook comment, not here, but it IS good info regardless

I never use pinpoint mode at all, its easy to find the target . I treat the whole area of the coil at the target area and dig.