Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Best Record - 7 silvers in one hunt

akelley

I'm finally on the boards this year, bringing home 7-silvers in one hunt from Golden Gate Park. This surpasses my personal best from last year, when I pulled 3-silvers from another park in San Francisco. I started out early in the morning, finding a 1925? Merc next to an old tree using my 6" SEF coil. I then settled for clad using my 11" for the remainder of the morning. Shortly after lunch, M.T. and I moved to another area, and it wasn't long before I was on the boards again finding two pieces of silver jewelry. At first I thought the silver earring was old, but its more likely just hippie jewelry. I think the scull ring is hideous, but the weight is really heavy so I'll take it.

In the final hour before dark the E-Trac god :please: must've decided that it was my turn to bring home the big silver numbers. Within just a few yards apart, I found 3 additional Mercs (1917S, 1918S, 1920D) and one silver Washington (1957 D) in some heavy brush and trash. I think it was just one of those days, when you have the right settings dialed in, the right coil (6x8" SEF), and most importantly the right location. Finally I really appreciate the encouragement I got from M.T. and another hunting buddy for a great hunt :twodetecting:. That's what makes this hunt even more memorable. Happy hunting and good luck to everyone on the forum.

-Alex

Now that's what you call a nice day out with the ET !

Congrats on the PB.

Rich (Utah)

very nice
17 degrees here today oh well come on spring

Very nice Alex. 7 Silvers from GGP is great! I went there last week for a couple of hours while waiting for a plane to arrive at the airport. Only got one Rosie (195something) a pot pipe and some clad! Hope you get to 8 in one day real soon!!

You'll remember that great hunt forever. I just bought a 6x8 sef coil but can't use it till the ground thaws here in Ohio. Glad to hear it produced silver for you! Major Congrats!!!