Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Best Whites Jewellery hunter :shrug:

amberjack

I been looking at whites detectors for years just for park light weight dig everything jewellery hunter and nothing pops out, like some of the coil options but nothing there nice and light like my Tesoro's to put them on any ideas??

AJ

In recent months i bought a mint condition IDX Pro and its a cracking little machine,i have a problem with my wrist at the moment so cannot swing a real heavy machine for long,but i can swing the IDX its that light and must admit i am very pleased with it,could well be the Whites version that you are looking for,very easy to use and dont miss much.

The M6 is not as light as the Tesoro but it's balanced very well so the weight difference isn't noticed. Beside having an excellent meter, it also had tone ID which is a big plus in my book.

You can buy a good used DFX for piratically nothing put on a 6x10 Whites eclipse coil and you're set for jewelry hunting. While the DFX is no depth monster, without some tweaking anyway, nothing can touch the precision of the TID in my opinion. And that makes for one heck of a jewelry machine.

Southwind is right about the DFX. You can pick up a clean used DFX for between $300 - $400 if you shop around a bit. That's about the same price as an M6 and it's a way better detector in my opinion. I must have had a Brain Fart as I use a DFX with a BigFoot coil all the time. I have a couple of M6's too but they don't get near the use the DFX does.

I guess almost every mid-range or higher end newer detector can find what you want and your not seeing the big picture . You are doing everything right by digging everything and if your detector can find tabs it can find Jewelry too . It's not the case of what detector is best but how and where your using it . Gold and Jewelry are hard targets and hard to hit and find and no simple task no matter if your detector is a $300 or a $3000 unit . My advice is take a deep breath from the frustration of not finding jewelry where your looking and find different places to hunt .... IMHO , Woodstock

yeah I know all about digging crap :biggrin: just been having a chat here http://www.findmall.com/read.php?17,2290440

I will always use Tesoro's to hunt Gold in parks they are light and they find the yellow and really I don't think anything can match them for a number of reasons.

I always just wanted to add a whites detector and the DFX sounds like a nice detector can use it on the wet salt so yes if I get one I will do as advised and wait for a nice one at the right price I sure am in no hurry to buy a detector.

I totally agree spot is key if its not there I cant find it.

AJ

AmberJack , I have to also agree that Tesoros have the edge on gold and really anything small like jewelry ... bird-shot drove me crazy ! And after all my past detectors the two best manufactures are Whites and Tesoro in my neck of the woods . But if you choose a DFX I really don't think it's cause it finds Gold and Jewelry better , it's really cause you've always wanted one ! I'm I right ? IMHO , Woodstock

It's not the case of what detector is best but how and where your using it .

A lot of misinformation is what I'm seeing. The detector DOES in fact make a difference no matter how you use it. Yes location is the number one factor but the wrong detector can easily miss the gold even if you are in the right location. As someone who devotes over 50% of my hunting to finding gold, and I don't mean in the water, I looked many years for the best land gold detector for me. here is a couple of videos I did while testing what others have claimed. You decided for yourself. I don't have a comparison of a DFX and E-Trac directly, but I do have a few comparing the Racer 2 and E-Trac on gold and the DFX will hit gold just as well as the R2. Although I do believe the depth is better on the R2.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXl4s1b7gho&index=2&list=PLfJZHEpNVSQU5obUSJ_lKXSuX4vVe1jKG[/video]

DFX and the Sovereign GT

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PG1KwlG56k&index=43&list=PLfJZHEpNVSQU5obUSJ_lKXSuX4vVe1jKG[/video]

The difference in single frequency 15 kHz and Multi-Frequency on the DFX.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu5_ygs_5L4&list=PLfJZHEpNVSQU5obUSJ_lKXSuX4vVe1jKG&index=52[/video]

I will watch those latter off out but yeah been looking for someone to sell me a whites and its been pretty poor effort to date but will check out the videos thanks!

sure though not much is going to get past the GR but I been looking at just one more detector :bouncy: can always squeeze one more in right.

thanks!

AJ

It's not light like a Tesoro but the combination of the multifrequency Spectragraph coupled with the DC Phase makes the DFX the number one land based jewelry hunter in my book.

My cibola which I no longer have has found me a small handful of gold....but dang did have to dig a million signals and holes. I know have a Whites IDX which is a well balanced fast and affordable machine...it would work great for the more shallow within the first 6" for rings....not good for micro gold as it's not too hot for those signals. I did acquire a XLT and with the use of DC phase read out that Larry has mention might give me alittle more edge. I would like to sell the XLT and get the DFX due to its multi freq and would be a hotter machine then the XLT on gold....

I already know the answer to this question in my mind but how does a DFX help me find more gold and dig less trash than my Tesoro's ?

thanks guys for all your thoughts and videos too !!

AJ

Better target ID IMHO. When I used Tesoros I had a hard time telling the difference in low conductor targets, especially pull tabs...... they pretty much sounded the same to me.

When gold hunting with the DFX, you are listening for a clean round sounding signal and then confirm with narrow bars on the Signagraph and then check the Phase # of the target. If the raw data DC Phase is close to the TID #, I dig. If the Phase # is much higher, It will almost always be aluminum. The DC Phase # is on the screen when turned on so there is nothing extra to do. Listen, look and dig, it doesn't get much better than that. Since DC Phase is also reading the ground, it works best for shallow targets 4 inches or less although handy on deep silver too, its use is just a little different for deep targets. Although I have dug some deep rings, most jewelry finds are quite shallow seemingly getting caught in the roots, especially chains and bracelets.

Also with the 190 some VDI numbers, you can get pretty selective discriminating out targets you know that you do not want to dig including coins if you desire.

Most of these were found in dirt with the DFX but the gold coin was found with the V3i. This is just a sample of the hundreds of jewelry items found with the DFX for a poster I made.

thanks Larry , you near got me sold :biggrin:

the DFX E-Series same as the DFX 300 ?? is that just a coil thing?

how long sense they stopped making these do they have any known problems ?

is buying 2nd hand a lucky dip or are the tough machines??

what's a fair price for a nice one?

just checking ebay there is a few there looks like they are not hard to find?

thanks again for all your help!!

AJ

amberjack said:
thanks Larry , you near got me sold :biggrin:

the DFX E-Series same as the DFX 300 ?? is that just a coil thing?

Yes, the 300 comes with the 12" coil...... best avoided for jewelry hunting.

how long sense they stopped making these do they have any known problems ?

Been maybe 3 or 4 years. Only problems I'm aware of is the stock programs are pretty lame.

is buying 2nd hand a lucky dip or are the tough machines??

what's a fair price for a nice one?

I wouldn't be afraid of a used one and $300 to $400 would be fair depending on what came with it.

just checking ebay there is a few there looks like they are not hard to find?

Try our sponsors/members first for a nice used one. A WTB ad should bring a closet queen out....:lmfao:

thanks again for all your help!!

AJ