Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Big copper from the park - Maiden voyage with Ultimate 13" coil

Ohio Digger

VIDEO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNqUYNLjezY

I've been swinging the Ultimate 13" coil exclusively since I got it about a month ago. This coil is an absolute beast in my soil. Coverage is awesome, depth is incredible, as well as separation considering the size of the coil. I'm hitting sections I pounded with the stock coil in the fall and pulling keeper after keeper. It may not be that the coil is getting more depth as much as it is just giving a better tone on the same targets that would be iffy with the stock coil. But to me that calculates to better depth in my book. Sometimes you don't have the luxury digging a ton of iffy signals in public parks. Take a look at the video and let me know what you think. This is the first LC I've ever dug out of this park.

Outstanding finds !

Nice vid....!!!! I also like my Ultimate and it's on 90% of the time unless I'm using the 6". Like you....I also feel it gives good tones, "if" it's there the Ultimate gives a pretty good sounding hint and you better check it out. With that said....I'm learning and don't have lots of time in with the Pro....pretty much used the 6" exclusively in the beginning.

What Kind of Ground are you using the U-13 in, Heavy minerals or low to medium?
My old AT Pro GB at anywhere from 84 with the stock coil to 94 with the NEL sharpshooter coil in my area which is high.
Wandering how the U-13 would do on my E-trac in my kind of ground....

I would say medium?? I don't really know for sure though. Usually I can run manual sensitivity no higher than 24 before it starts getting chatty. Although it does seem like the 13" is a lot more stable than the ProCoil was.

Nice Large Cent! Very tough to get them around here.
Yes, I have noticed pretty good results in several junky tough parks with the ultimate 13 so far.

Very nice finds. Congratulations on the success with the new coil and that park LC! Thanks for the picture.

NebTrac