Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Big silver and BIG Gold with the nox 600

Goes4ever

I hunted all weekend long (approx 21 hours) with my new nox 600. Finally put this beast to a real test. I hunted fields that had been previously pounded with my etrac and other machines and I did a few door knocks at old farm houses, that are known to be full or iron. To be honest this machine impressed me a lot. Its speed and recovery in iron is amazing. The NY botton came out of a hole with so much iron I am still amazed how the nox gave me such a good signal. My buddy went over the hole and didnt even get a signal except for iron. He was using an explorer with a small coil. Several indians and relics came from the field including the 1877 seated that I pulled from a etrac hit field. I have been using the etrac for 8 years and this nox makes me not even want to use the etrac...lol. Yes I have that much faith in it. The BIG gold was the highlight of the weekend it came in a soild 19 on the Nox and I really thought I was digging an indian penny, what a shock to pull out a size 13 gold ring that weighs 12.5g!!!! Also got several nice indians including a 1875 and 1879 that came from the gold ring farm yard. Great weekend or amazing finds..........more finds than I got in the last 4-6 months of last year!

Coin Rescue Inc said:
Great Hunt - How about the settings you used?
I used field 1 in the field and park 1 in the farm yards, no other changes to factory settings at all. Oh I used tracking as I hate ground balancing

Nice finds for sure I'd be insanely happy then crave moar! Lol

Well done g4ever with the hunt, with settings, and your measured responses to the doubting Thomas's out there :clapping:
Laplander

laplander said:
Well done g4ever with the hunt, with settings, and your measured responses to the doubting Thomas's out there :clapping:
Laplander

+1. You handled that response better than I would have. It sounds like his lingering over enthusiasm for the E-TRAC is clouding his perception of how good the Nox performs.

I don't use my E-TRAC much anymore either. Fast MF is something I have hoped for many years. Great hunt!

Dean

dbado1 said:
Laplander

+1. You handled that response better than I would have. It sounds like his lingering over enthusiasm for the E-TRAC is clouding his perception of how good the Nox performs.

I don't use my E-TRAC much anymore either. Fast MF is something I have hoped for many years. Great hunt!

Dean

+2.

Goes4ever, You should really gather some expertise with an Etrac first, before you re-hunt those sites with your 600. :beers:

Still laughing over here.

Rich -

oh, and congrats on the wide array of finds. That Masonic Ring is very cool. :thumbup:

Congrats on the finds and for giving the EQUINOX the opportunity to prove itself. You had an excellent weekend. But I would be willing to bet that it will pale in comparison to future hunts, once you fine tune it to your sites and style of hunting. HH Randy

You have to be impressed with someone who has used a very good machine for years...... switching to a new one with these results. That really speak volumes for out of the box performance. Not to take nothing away from his skills either..... but ive found the Nox doesnt need a lot of adjustments ML did a pretty good job getting those default settings right on the edge. Congrats on those finds.....nothing like popping those kind of targets...... nice.

Dew

Nice finds on average what was your deepest find with nox?