Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Big Silver & Black Hills Gold Rings

floodplaindetector

All finds shown are from last 3 weekends of hunting on researched public sites in Eastern South Dakota.
As usual My Minelab eTrac was used to pull everything. I had some good luck in running into some gold and silver rings on a few recent outings.
Saturday was an 11 silver day (see picture of finds in my hand with the 1917 half dollar).
The men's black hills gold and silver ring is large and tightly fits my fat finger which would probably make it a size 11.
I believe the ornate women's leaf design black hills gold ring has some age to it as it was about 6 inches deep and found near 1929 and 1940 wheat pennies.
For those of you familiar with Minelab eTrac it was giving me 12-17 numbers which are similar to most silver war nickels.
I believe the shiny "R" good for 5 cents token is an older amusement token. On the reverse it displays "Awarded for Skill".
Another unique find was that "King MC" trumpet mouthpiece. From my research it is from 1952-1967. It was about 1/2 foot deep.

One find I just about threw away was the Old 1878 De Lavel Golden Anniversary cream separator emblem. It is pretty mangled up and I thought it was just the top of an oil can until
I saw the numbers "1878" and got enough to ID it. I included a couple pictures of what it would have looked like originally.
As always, thanks for looking!
Dave

Coin Finds
1917,1945 silver half dollars
1962 silver Quarter
25 silver dimes back to 1906
1945 silver war nickel
1901 V nickel, 4 buffalo nickels back to 1926
1890,1894,1905 Indian head pennies
Handful of Jefferson nickels
Not pictured are 49 wheat pennies back to 1909
1981,1994 Clad half dollars

Other Finds
Women's Black Hills Gold Grape Leaf design ring
Men's large Sterling and Black Hills Gold ring
Small sterling and leaf gold ring
Ornate Sterling ring
Older girl scouts pin
Abate 10 year member pin
Tiny aluminum 1968 calendar
Brass ring
Gambles "Tiger Flyer" emblem
2 Aluminum rings. One is a Kid's "Dixie" ring. Probably 1960s.
1952-1967 "King MC" trumpet mouthpiece
"R" good for 5 cents amusement token
Section of 1930s aluminum Palmolive soap token
2 1958 Rabies dog tags
Aluminum Tool or Luggage Tag (display 92)
Old brass bracelet
3 crushed advertising thimbles (each came from different site)
WWII General Service military button
"Miller" and 4 leafed clover lock plates
Model T valve stem cover
Old Sash buckle
"Marinello" cover (aluminum)
A few additional buckles and tags
SilverCoins.jpg
GoldAndSilverRings.jpg
MensGoldAndSilverRingCloseup.jpg
WomensBlackHillsGoldRingCloseupShortlyAfterFinding.jpg
SterlingRingCloseup.jpg
GroupShot.jpg
1945HalfDollar.jpg
SaturdayFinds.jpg
ASundayMorningHunt.jpg
CreamSeperatorEmblem.jpg

All finds shown are from last 3 weekends of hunting on researched public sites in Eastern South Dakota.
As usual My Minelab eTrac was used to pull everything. I had some good luck in running into some gold and silver rings on a few recent outings.
Saturday was an 11 silver day (see picture of finds in my hand with the 1917 half dollar).
The men's black hills gold and silver ring is large and tightly fits my fat finger which would probably make it a size 11.
I believe the ornate women's leaf design black hills gold ring has some age to it as it was about 6 inches deep and found near 1929 and 1940 wheat pennies.
For those of you familiar with Minelab eTrac it was giving me 12-17 numbers which are similar to most silver war nickels.
I believe the shiny "R" good for 5 cents token is an older amusement token. On the reverse it displays "Awarded for Skill".
Another unique find was that "King MC" trumpet mouthpiece. From my research it is from 1952-1967. It was about 1/2 foot deep.

One find I just about threw away was the Old 1878 De Lavel Golden Anniversary cream separator emblem. It is pretty mangled up and I thought it was just the top of an oil can until
I saw the numbers "1878" and got enough to ID it. I included a couple pictures of what it would have looked like originally.
As always, thanks for looking!
Dave

Coin Finds
1917,1945 silver half dollars
1962 silver Quarter
25 silver dimes back to 1906
1945 silver war nickel
1901 V nickel, 4 buffalo nickels back to 1926
1890,1894,1905 Indian head pennies
Handful of Jefferson nickels
Not pictured are 49 wheat pennies back to 1909
1981,1994 Clad half dollars

Other Finds
Women's Black Hills Gold Grape Leaf design ring
Men's large Sterling and Black Hills Gold ring
Small sterling and leaf gold ring
Ornate Sterling ring
Older girl scouts pin
Abate 10 year member pin
Tiny aluminum 1968 calendar
Brass ring
Gambles "Tiger Flyer" emblem
2 Aluminum rings. One is a Kid's "Dixie" ring. Probably 1960s.
1952-1967 "King MC" trumpet mouthpiece
"R" good for 5 cents amusement token
Section of 1930s aluminum Palmolive soap token
2 1958 Rabies dog tags
Aluminum Tool or Luggage Tag (display 92)
Old brass bracelet
3 crushed advertising thimbles (each came from different site)
WWII General Service military button
"Miller" and 4 leafed clover lock plates
Model T valve stem cover
Old Sash buckle
"Marinello" cover (aluminum)
A few additional buckles and tags
View attachment 31051View attachment 31052View attachment 31053View attachment 31054View attachment 31055View attachment 31056View attachment 31057View attachment 31058View attachment 31059View attachment 31060
What an Epic hunt. Virgin ground ?

Geez I find one good silver dime and a couple IH pennies and I go home, kick back and have another cup of coffee and feel all accomplished. Then I see this and deflate like a worn old tire…… lol

Just curious on your “public sites”, have you run into jurisdictional authorities who have denied you “digging” access or are you simply accessing and hoping for the best? Or do most allow but restrict plug depth etc etc. I’ve encountered both out my way so again just curious.

Some great finds Dave. Congrats on results from the hard work. Looks like you were on a silver dime roll - Thanks for the display, best of luck these next few weeks as Fall moves in on us.

rich