Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Big Silver Exposed / Old Detailed Cross / 1917 Dog License Tag

floodplaindetector

Finds are from the last 3 weekend hunts. All finds shown were pulled from public sites with my trusty eTrac.
The 1941 Walker was found in a junky small town railroad park on Saturday. The other half dollar came from a different site the weekend before.
The 1938 Quarter was a good 2 inches deeper than my 9 inch pinpointer and one of the mercs was over an inch deeper than my pinpointer.
The 1935 mercury dime was very close to sitting on top of a very rusty 3 inch bolt with nuts on each end and I was able to hear the silver dime.

On Sunday as I was close to wrapping my hunting up, I was happy to pull that old cross out of a school yard full of Iron where an old house used to sit.
I know the cross has alot of age to it as it was within 15 feet of where I pulled 1877 and 1905 dimes 2 years ago. It sounded like a faint Indian head penny as it gave me 12-36 ferrous/conductivity numbers on my machine.
I was surprised when I realized it opens up.
It is rare to pull a pre-1920 dog license tag so I was happy to snag that find also.
Thanks for looking!
Dave

Coin Finds
1941, 1942 Walking Liberty Half Dollars
1937,1938 Quarters
13 Silver Dimes back to 1900
13 Old Nickels back to 1890
1907 Indian Head Penny
40 Wheat Pennies back to 1911 (Notice the one encrusted in a pavement chunk in the group finds picture at the bottom)
1 1943 Canadian Penny
Sacagawea Dollar

Other Finds
Very detailed old cross
1917 Dog License tag
John Deere Good Luck Token (Approximately 1950)
Old Cover with a bird design (maybe makeup or tobacco tin cover)
Aluminum Personalized Heart Pendant ("Peggy" is etched on it)
Part of a Junior G Man Kids Badge
Old Spoon
Reigns Guide
Some sort of Bottle Tap loop
Old Tire Valve Stem Cover
Old Handle (Probably for an old razor)
Cub Scouts Neckerchief Slide
Old Spoon
Old Reflector
A few assorted buckles and buttons, key, and small misc. Items.
SilverCoins.jpg
OldCross.jpg
OldCrossOpenObverse.jpg
OldCrossOpenReverse.jpg
1917DogTag.jpg
GroupShot.jpg
SilverGroupShortlyAfterFinding.jpg
WalkerReverse.jpg
NickelsAndIndian.jpg
JohnDeereToken.jpg

You are finding silver like the old days!

Great finds Dave wish I had as much time as I used to to hunt .
I stopped at a small hidden park last night on my way home and pulled a 1897 Indian and a 1928 merc real quick super deep was the merc 10” and a very old flat button so I’m going Saturday to give it more time.
Mark

“Where man becomes machine” You two are fused and synchronized!! Incredible finds as always! You inspire me to keep searching for treasure.

Wow, that had to feel good at the end of the day. I see the 1900 Barber but not the back. O mint has some value, I found that out when looking up S mint from a week ago!!!! Love your pictures!!!!