Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

BIG Silver Ring

spywiz

Well, my wife had an outpatient surgery yesterday so I have been nursemaid for a couple of days. She was feeling alot better today, so I decided to go out for an hour to a school football field. I looked around the parking area for bit and found a few clad coins and a junk earring. I decided to go out onto the football field. I started through the gate and was starting on the sideline. I got a couple of clad pennies and a clad quarter. I filled the hole from the quarter and got a piece of a aluminum can. As I rechecked the hole from the can I got what I thought was another quarter signal about a foot away. I filled the hole from the can, and was digging for (what I thought was) the quarter. The sun had went down behind the trees and the lighting was poor. Well, to my surprise when I turned over the plug, I saw silver. I pulled it out, and there was a plug of dirt. I pushed the dirt out of the plug and was greeted with a beautiful, large, silver FFA ring. I was elated! I didn't have a camera with me, so I was unable to get a pic in the dirt. But here is this beauty cleaned up a bit. There is no name on it. Inside the band it reads, "Balfour Sterling" The weight is 17.2g .Thanks for looking. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

My brother was a member of the Future Farmers of America (FFA) in high school and has the same ring (atleast I think he does). May have to check with him to see if he lost it.:super: I remember him winning all kinds of contests when he was in high school. He won the Virginia State Championship for the Tractor contest. They had to determine why a tractor would not run and then fix it. The team that got their tractor running is the shortest amount of time were the champions. He can fix anything.

Nice hefty ring!

Very nice Ring !

Congrats on the beautiful silver.
Cheers
Doc