Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Big silver slump finally broken!

cz70pro

These are some of the finds I have made during the past few hunts. It has been a long while since I have found a silver half but that slump was finally broken last Sunday. I was out hunting a permission when I got a 12-47 signal and after digging down 5 inches out popped a big beautiful 1954 Franklin half! It had a bit of a fight with a lawn mower blade sometime in the past and Ben got bent a bit but it was gorgeous sitting there in that dark soil. Other finds included a 1936 Mercury, 1910 V nickel, 1918, 1919 and 1925 Buffalo nickels, brass wedding band. early 1900's sterling heart pendant etc. I also found a thin stamped copper disc with an anchor in the center of it. If anyone has any idea of what it is I would love to know. It is a bit bigger than a silver dollar.

Thanks Explorer!. The finds were from 3 different spots. The half and Merc came from the front yard of an old courthouse I have permission to hunt. Two of the Buffalo nickels were 5 to 7 inches deep and found in a park while using my X-5 coil. I just posted another story about that hunt.

cz70pro said:
Thanks Explorer!. The finds were from 3 different spots. The half and Merc came from the front yard of an old courthouse I have permission to hunt. Two of the Buffalo nickels were 5 to 7 inches deep and found in a park while using my X-5 coil. I just posted another story about that hunt.

thats awesome! Way to go CZ! Thanks for sharing and hope you get more out of those places!

Explorer.se said:
cz70pro said:

thats awesome! Way to go CZ! Thanks for sharing and hope you get more out of those places!

Thanks Explorer. So far I have pulled nearly 200 coins from the courthouse in three trips. It has never been hunted as far as I can tell.

Excellent haul there . . . . and it goes to show that there are still sites that have not been cleaned out.

Love to see what else you turn up in that permission . . . thanks for sharing and motivating

Andy Sabisch

Andy Sabisch said:
Excellent haul there . . . . and it goes to show that there are still sites that have not been cleaned out.

Love to see what else you turn up in that permission . . . thanks for sharing and motivating

Andy Sabisch

Thanks Andy and I will be posting more as I go. I only hunt the court house on Saturdays and Sundays when it is closed. There are still tons of sites out there. I found the court house in NC while traveling and all I had to do was to walk up and ask for permission. They were very nice and granted me permission right away.

Well done! Man what a score!

Delta Digger said:
That is a nice haul congrats. Are you using the X5 coil.

Thanks Delta. Most of those finds were made with the stock 11". Three of the nickels pictured were found with the X-5.

Hey CZ70,

I haven't found a Franklin half since the mid 70s with my 59.95 Compass Coin Hustler lol

Great Digs

diggervance said:
Hey CZ70,

I haven't found a Franklin half since the mid 70s with my 59.95 Compass Coin Hustler lol

Great Digs

I know what you're talking about. I have only found one other one at it was 13 years ago. Seems the Franklin half is one of the hardest coins to find asI know many people who have never found one. Weird.