Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Big silver with my E-Trac

Todd Pickens

I haven't posted here in a while because I have been detecting a swimmen hole. I don't like taking my Trac out into the water but today I did after I tied it off to myself. I have been hitting this spot with my AT-Gold and I have pulled 9 silver rings and some other junk bling along with about $20. in coins. The water has just about dried up at this place and its down to just a few pools that are ankle deep. This place is a river bed that is mostly gravel with a layer of heavy black sand under it. If I run my Trac in auto sens. +3 it will stay down in the single digits. So I run it in manual 20 and put up with the chirping. I am also using my 5" Sunray coil. All of the targets I dug were deep on average about 10". I dug the bracelet first. It is my biggest silver so far and it weighed 39.5 g. The other 2 rings were just repeatable chirps with numbers like 1/37 and as I dug them they got better. The heavy black sand really messes with things. This has been my best year at this place. So far I have pulled over 3.5 ounces of silver out of this hole and I know there is more there. No Gold yet but it is there.
2012-08-20134933.jpg

That is NICE!

Just watch if you immerse the lower shaft that you don't tip the coil back over the angle of the control housing or you can get water up the shaft and into the control box.

Coilfisher said:
That is NICE!

Just watch if you immerse the lower shaft that you don't tip the coil back over the angle of the control housing or you can get water up the shaft and into the control box.

Thanks
I saw that today and I think I will drill a hole in the upper shaft just in case I forget.

Congrats on finding all the Silver ! :beers:

Better idea than drilling a hole, take upper shaft off and fill void with silicone caulk, or force a right sized cork with a little silcone caulk (to make it slick) to help get cork in. Let cure then have at it..........nge

Congratulations on the finds and thanks for the pictures.

NebTrac