Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Black and White Photography test........

Kelley (Texas)

This is a picture of an old general store off the beaten path South of San Antonio, Texas. I took the original picture in color, but wondered how it would look in B & W. Kelley (Texas) :)

[attachment 343633 018edited7-24-16oldgeneralstorecopy.jpg]

n/t

I find it difficult to post pictures that folks like to view on this Forum, and it always feels great when someone takes the time to post a response. Again, thank you and please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Looks Great. I love how changing a photo to black and white can change the total dynamics of a photo

That you have posted in the past of old buildings etc. are great. They are so different from New England. Your part of the country is hot and dry. Paint on metal appears surface rust from the sun. Keep em coming!
I still have the hardest time shrinking photos to post here.
Take care!
Rj :clapping:

Ron J said:
I still have the hardest time shrinking photos to post here.
Take care!

Rj :clapping:
Here is a thread with a bunch of programs people on FM use to shrink pics to post. Hope this helps!
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?91,1970202

Nice photo Kelley, looks like there's a storm coming with it being black and white.

I love seeing those old buildings. Kind of takes me back to earlier, happier times. The black and white just adds to that time of a long gone era. I just recently bought me a digital camera from a forum member here, mainly because I want to capture pics of old buildings and such. When I get a chance I'm going to head back to my grandparents hometown and get some photos of some of the still standing old tobacco barns, as well as a few old homes . As soon as I learn to use some of its functions, I'll try and contribute with a few pics of my own.

Kelley,many thanks for showing this picture,this is something that has really started to grow on me going down more the black and white route,i personally think by just using 'black and white' it can make a picture so much more dynamic.

Of course its great to see some stunning shots that are railway related with wagons that have graffiti splashed all over them but just a simple black and white photo of a old derelict store looks absolutely amazing,,a few photos that yourself and Vito have posted of just black and whites photos have made me realise this is the niche/area that i wish too explore even more.

Really great photo! Like an old photo from old newspaper)

Kelley,

I logged into Findmall this evening and clicked on "recent messages" and saw the picture your posted back in April. You take amazing photographs! There is something captivating in taking a B & W photo especially of old structures. To me, B&W photos provide more "clarity" to the scene than color. Thanks for posting! - Jim