Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

boost plus lower RX

Rob (IL)

I hunted a site that had a lot of EMF. So I lowered the RX to 6 and turned on the boost. The V3I ran very quiet and as well as finding a lot of Nickles I found a coin that I didn't think I would ever find. It was an 1889 three pence coin. The silver coin is smaller and thinner than the dime.

This is just another example of how the V3I can adapt for different situations.It looks like it could be a $15-$28 coin.

That is a pretty one.....:clapping: VDI 70-72?

Actually it read more like a quarter ???? I was around 4 1/2".

Wow, smaller than a dime but rings up as a quarter? I wonder what would cause that?

I believe that coin is .925 - maybe that helped it ID more like a quarter. You can always give it a quick pass under the coil to see how it reads "unearthed".
That coin is a beauty!

Okay, I just checked it in the air and it reads up +60. Who knows it was a nice loud signal anyway? When it came out of the ground it was in a hard clump so I don't know what its orientation was.

Now you know what we are up against when we find our coins in the UK with the v dont really no what they are till you dig them,sometimes silver hammereds can be between vdi 15-46 sometimes lower that's why i turn the icons off..GREAT COIN ROB.. :clapping:

I found a 1917 3 pence in circulation last month. It has her son on it and it isn't nowhere near that pretty. I bet that was in the ground shortly after it was minted.

I tried running with similar settings a few weeks back in a quiet area. I think I get more depth with the RX up and the boost off, but I can see the value in areas with EMI issues.

Agree Neil I usually don't run boost either under usual conditions. But the Boost and lower RX did make the site a place I could detect..

Great Find!! Thanks for sharing.

That coin is something else in that condition !!! It looks like it's straight out the mint. Makes you wonder about it's history and how it came to be in America?? Well winkled Rob.

Larry (IL) said:
That is a pretty one.....:clapping: VDI 70-72?[/quote.] Heck,I work in a coin shop and that would go into my stash! Almost Uncirculated and original......give me a coin lke that over a gold ring any day!