Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Brass pins/posts

Aarong81

Found in Northern Missouri. Proximity finds are pictured, the leg band is from poultry(not wild waterfowl) and I have several of these now with dates ranging from 1948-1950 although I have seen another example with 1930-something. The only thing needing an ID is the 3 brass pins. They are oval along the length and one end is cut to round. Length is about 1.5 inches. I found these in early 2012 but never tried to ID them until I saw another request for an ID on their same items. The other person found 6 of them.
Thanks...

UPDATE, I did some research and believe I figured out what these are. I think they are Piano Front Rail Pins. The keys on a piano have slots on the bottom of them which fit over the oval shape of these pins. The google search link(below) shows image results for "Piano Front Rail Pins".....
https://www.google.com/search?q=Piano+Front+Rail+Pins&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj84vK8z9jNAhXs5YMKHeDRBqsQ_AUICCgB&biw=1600&bih=828#

Maybe they were Piano pins recycled for Cribbage ... just thought there might be a connection between both ID's .... Woodstock

I think those are firing pins for a rifle. I found several way up in the woods with other hunting stuff, shells etc..
can't remember what gun they are from, shotgun maybe, but gun pins for sure.

these are not the exact gun, but as close as I can find in a pinch..searching google images 'hammerless firing pins'.

Sonorguy said:
these are not the exact gun, but as close as I can find in a pinch..searching google images 'hammerless firing pins'.
+1