Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Broken Detector (need help please)

Fishfinder

Hi: My name is Cliff. I have been member of several forums for many years. Just recently recovered from kidney failure. Went to start detecting again so I put batteries in my m6 and she went crazy and quit. Talked to Whites and they said not worth repairing. I am disabled and on fixed income. I am not asking for anything free but could use a little help. I do have 4 gold nuggets to trade1. weighs 1.6 grams, 2.weighs 1.3 grams, 3. weighs 1.1 grams and 4. weighs 0.2 grams. Need detector to help with my health. Thanks for any help, Cliff

That does not sound like Whites to me. The M6 is still being sold.
Maybe a call to your regional repair center might get better info.

White's main facility in Sweet Home, Oregon would not tell you that, the one time that I used their service, it only cost me $15 to ship it to them, they fixed it for free and picked up the return shipping.

The only reason Whites says it wouldn't be worth it is for my financial situation and the cost of shipping and repair cost. Shipping alone is over $40.00 I always hear about people getting their detectors fixed for free or minimal cost. I think my detector is to old. I bought it used 2 years ago.

Cliff
Please send me detailed information on your detector and your condition. Also let me know who you talked with at Whites.
Kevin

It sounds like a bad coil. Is there anyone out there that could send Cliff a good coil to try?

IF... its the coil, it may not be the only problem....there could be other issues as well. Whites would be interested in what the problem is AND fixing the problem.

I think Kevin has the right solution.

Cliff, I work for White's. If you can get the detector to us I'll have it repaired & returned no charge.

Carl Moreland
Engineering Manager

As One who spent almost 13 years in retail I can tell you that Whites is performing "Customer Service" above and beyond.

I know this is a classified forum. My hats off to whites for going beyond to help a fellow detectorist.

I have been using White's metal detectors since the early 1980's and their customer service has always been outstanding. Thank you, Carl and Kevin, for helping out here.

Your fix mistake is the shipping cost. Don't use the USPS to ship anything over 4 lbs. (or anything of value) Box it up and either use UPS on-line shipping, base the weight on 9lbs if you don't have a scale, or bring it to a "UPS Store" shipping will be around $15