Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Broken ORX LCD - Any hope?

Kapok

Dropped on the pole bar floor. Now it won't even switch on. XP says not covered under warranty but to contact a local dealer to see if I can be fixed. Don't have a local dealer, so would like to see what the board thinks.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 151
It may be fixable, but the LCD crack is a NO GO. The LCD would have to be replaced. Good luck, and sorry it broke.

There is a place that will replace the lcd. I don’t remember the cost. It was for a deus. I found it a couple years ago on one of the forums for a friend. I’ll check with him to see if he has the number to call.

With something like that control unit I always try to fine some type of case to put it in,
Why? Because I bought a brand new cell phone and just got it home and was playing with it
It slipped out of my hands hit the floor and broke the screen,
Needless to say I was pissed. since then first thing I do is put the item in a cover/case.
I have drop stuff many times and those little cheesy cases will keep the item from breaking? Go Figure.

not difficult at all loosen the 4 screws of the housing at the back and loosen the clip of the band cable from the LCD and tighten back screws and you're done

not difficult at all loosen the 4 screws of the housing at the back and loosen the clip of the band cable from the LCD and tighten back screws and you're done
With the ORX, the LCD appears to be glued onto the circuit board. A whole new board is about $230 so probably just buy a new box.

With the ORX, the LCD appears to be glued onto the circuit board. A whole new board is about $230 so probably just buy a new box.
Use a heat gun lightly. It should loosen up the glue. Or use a hair dryer. I can't explain how not to melt your plastics, but be careful if you decide to try yourself.

Use a heat gun lightly. It should loosen up the glue. Or use a hair dryer. I can't explain how not to melt your plastics, but be careful if you decide to try yourself.
We may give it a shot, or maybe just get another box. I don't want a cobbled together unit I can't trust in the field. Thanks for the input.

So here is another thought if a new control box is $400 for the ORX then why not just buy a replacement Deus circuit board and drop it in the ORX. for the same price.

So here is another thought if a new control box is $400 for the ORX then why not just buy a replacement Deus circuit board and drop it in the ORX. for the same price.
Beyond my skill unfortunately. I ended up just buying a new control box for the ORX. I still have the old one and may try installing a new LCD screen in it. Or I may try to sell it but I have no idea what it would be worth.

My brother didn't trust this unit, so he bought another control box. So I paired this one with the X35 coil I use with my Deus. Now I have an ORX to use as a backup. I'll probably just use it with wired headphones since I don't want to shell out a hundo for the WSaudio phones.