Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bucket Lister

cragar21

Well I have been chasing a large cent for about 5 years now and finally closed the deal sunday evening. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think it would come from a park though. I was in shock when i pulled it out from about 10 inches the more I dug the more I thought it would be a can. I fiugred for sure the only way i would see a large cent would be in a field. Always a good day when u can mark off a bucket lister. Love finding them oldies especially in indiana. 1848 Braided Hair.

right on!!...a great feeling to see those special coins pop up out of the hole!!
enjoy!...just popped my first Etrac Largie 2 weeks ago

Congrats on digging up your first largie! Looks like that one has a lot of detail as well.

Nice find I found my first in Dec a tall date 1846 in beautiful cond was only 4" down

Congrats on the LG cent. THey are hard to find. I found none last year and 4 the year before. Found 1 this year. They are exciting to pull such a large coin out of the hole.

My first and only large cent was actually a half cent...1832. Also found in a park...but I suspect the park was built on what used to be farmland. Rang up like a quarter and was 8 or more inches deep.

Big congrats on your 1st largie and wish you many more... ive never used an etrac but I've found several dozen large cents over the years with my sov gt and yes they give a good signal at 10 inches... just as a word of encouragement i will tell you in my area it's odd to find just one at a site... now that you know what they sound like, well you know the rest... good luck...

Spectacular Cragar! As stated, that one looks darned nice! And as Booty said.....take a real good look in that general area, hopefully you can come up with something else that fell out of that pocket!

A huge congrats on finding your first Large Cent !:beers:

Congrats that's awesome! still on my list, but they are even more rare in WI, so I'm certainly not holding my breath.

What were the TID #'s, and at 10" down how stable was the cursor/#'s ?

YES IT IS. CONGRATS.

Rich -

Nice find!