Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Buffalo Hunt....(big city)

oneguy

Headed back to the city for an overnight and got in 2 good days hunting. The plan was to focus on nickels. Dug a lot of coins and did pretty good on the nickels. Hunted all public ground, church, high school, curb strips, and even got up the courage to hunt "Needle Park" (druggies & homeless hangout). Got "busted" by some security guy at my favorite church and asked to leave? Apparently some co. bought it so it's now private...no problem, got some good stuff outta there over the years. When I was at "Needle Park" last evening I heard some one yelling at me so I take off the phones and look around and see this guy taking a pic of me from his car and he yells "smile...I got your pic!"......I yell back "What's your problem?" He YELLS back at me "I got your pic and just called the cops!".... I yell back..."great!" and he peels outta there...????? Anyways....just one more reason I don't like going into the city even though I like digging their coins and bringing them home to Podunk......lol The buffies and the V are pretty ruff and here's a pic of the Jeffersons' I dug on the trip. Will return someday for some more nickel knocking.....!!!!!!

WOW, love the silver to wheat ratio you got there.

I do not know how some of you guys do it when it comes to finding the Buff's and V's, but you sure did a great job at finding those Buff's, WTG

I think your nickel hunt was a big success.

You did pretty good with the old dimes as well.

Rich (Utah)

How many Jefferson Nickels were silver?? Great job overall. I had to sell my etrac back in 2013 as I was 70 years old and came down with the lifelong case of the Shingles which permanently put me on the disabled list. but since 1965 when I started detecting using only Whites and Minelab detectors I had found 2500 silver coins and over 200 gold and silver rings and no telling how many wheat and Indian pennies and other collectibles. So I guess I can't complain. All of my finds over the years came from the DFW part of Texas and the east coast of New England.

Really nice hunt. Love the dime trifecta. And you've found as many buffalo's in one outing as I've found over the last 2 years!