Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Buffalo'd

Coin Rescue Inc

I was planning all week to get out after work all week but we went from snow on Monday to rainand cold weather. Today it cleared and outdoor temperatures got up into the 60's. So I got out at 6 with the D2 at a 10 acre plot that used to have an old house and garage. I had success here before with Merc's and Wheats. Last fall they prepped the lot for a subdivision and moved alot of the dirt around. Soon the fun here will end. The soil is full of iron and junk.
I used a customized p5 program on the D2 for US coins. My D2 is in the 2nd ver .6
I dug a lot of strong 90 to 95 signals catching mostly iron bolts and junk. One 91 was a crushed aluminum can. The ID that payed off was a solid softer 60. No number creep. Just 60. From my last hunting experiance I thought maybe nickel. I was not dissapointed.
This is what I found.👍

Attachments

• 20220421_191158.jpg
    20220421_191158.jpg
    871.6 KB · Views: 85
  • 20220421_191354.jpg
    20220421_191354.jpg
    677.9 KB · Views: 81
Nice find!

I was planning all week to get out after work all week but we went from snow on Monday to rainand cold weather. Today it cleared and outdoor temperatures got up into the 60's. So I got out at 6 with the D2 at a 10 acre plot that used to have an old house and garage. I had success here before with Merc's and Wheats. Last fall they prepped the lot for a subdivision and moved alot of the dirt around. Soon the fun here will end. The soil is full of iron and junk.
I used a customized p5 program on the D2 for US coins. My D2 is in the 2nd ver .6
I dug a lot of strong 90 to 95 signals catching mostly iron bolts and junk. One 91 was a crushed aluminum can. The ID that payed off was a solid softer 60. No number creep. Just 60. From my last hunting experiance I thought maybe nickel. I was not dissapointed.
This is what I found.👍
Howdy Coin Rescue Inc:
It's always a treat to dig a Buffalo Nickle with a good clear date! I hope that you have the opportunity to hunt that site again before the construction begins. Cleared sites like that can be very productive. Best of luck and...
Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Thanks, I am thankful for this find. One of my favorite coin designs. Soaking in detergent and water. Shadow photo from this morning.

Attachments

• 20220422_072942.jpg
    20220422_072942.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 71
  • 20220422_072920.jpg
    20220422_072920.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 62
My last three Buffs were dateless so getting one with a date is a good recovery. Funny tho, all five V nickels show dates (understood Buffs had high numbers, still….). Betting more there so dont give up, or if you quit send GPS coordinates!

This is what I found.👍
Nice find and the date looks good.

got to dig those cans , it could be a silver dollar