Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

BUMP the BOX and get a BEEP..... WHY ???

ferdware

Hello again.

I hope someone can shed a little light on this one for me.

I notice that somtimes at the end of each sweep, that I get a beep. Now somtimes it ends up beeing a target off to the side. So I never thought much about it.

Well the other day at the beach. I noticed somthing else. When I sweep to the left I will occasionally hit the box of the metal detector against my side. Not hard but a bump. Well when this bump occures the detector will sound off.

My question is..

Is this normal or ok ?

Why does this happen ?

Thankyou
FERD

Do you get the noise if you bump the box when you are not swinging?

If the sensitivity and RX are turned up it is easy to get the beep at the end of the swing. Bumping your box might be just cause you to lift the coil on the swing end. Let me know. Rob

For a test, try turning the RX and Sensitivity down and see if it still beeps. If it does, you might have a loose connection somewhere. If it stops, I would guess that you are just running the V on the edge of stability.

None of mine do it. Weird things happen.
Check bumping the coil
Disconnect and reconnect the connectors
If it acts the same it might need a check up. :rant:Rob

Separate the lower rod from the rest and pluug in the coil. Turn on the machine outside and then experiment by bumping just the box, and then bumping just the coil. figure out which one it is. If its excessive or happens on a low sensitivity I would get it fixed something is loose. a loose winding in coil will do this. The control box might even be the batteries or the battery tray, I don't own the v3 (wish I did) but diagnos this same problem on another White's

Well I went to the beach again last night.

My V3i is acting weird.
The pinpoint is acting funny. It is also sticking at times. When I release the trigger it will somtimes stay in pinpoint for a few seconds longer.
I also noticed last night that it was sounding off like I had the RX at max, but I had it turned down way more than normal for this area. Bottlecaps were even sounding funny.
I am also getting some crackling from the headphones.

FERD

Yikes that is sounding like unhealthy electronics to me. It really might be an occasion for sending it in for a check up. Which if you're like me.. is a horrible thought about taking my little V3 baby away.

Check a few things make sure the connectors are clean, and reconnect them. If you have a coil cover on, remove it and clean it just to make sure you don't have some sort of contamination. For the headset, if you're using a wired connection, try a different headset to see if it's the wiring/ headset that's at issue. It might help isolate the problem.

It sounds like a trip to service Ferd.

Well its an iffy thing. It works great one minute then funny the next. Some times the pinpoint wont work. I have to reclick the trigger to get it to pinpoint.

I have noticed that with the humidity outside. When I take my V3i from in the house to outside. It collects alot of condensation all over it. I assume It is doing the same thing inside the box. Can this be the overall culprit? I cant leave it in the car... So now I closed all the vents off in one room in the house, and thats where I keep my V3i now.

I am still going to send it in to be sure. Im getting some play in the shaft as well. It jiggles at the end of each swing which kinda throws the weight off.

FERD

For the jiggle, you will notice it is in the fit of the connector just in front of the pod. I like mine solid. This is not just on the V3's it was the same on my MXT.
Loosen the connector.
Cut a small shim out of an aluminum can.
Slip in between the two shaft pieces and tighten the connector.
You can't see it on mine.

Some of the cuff pieces also have play.
I take the forearm cuff off.
Wrap a little black tape on the shaft and put the piece back on. Solid.

Rob

I know someone who was have similar issues right out of the box. He contacted his local dealer. Sent back, returned, now no more issues.

Hi All,

Thanks Rob I will give that a try.

I may however have some news on my V3i. Another user informed me that if my pinpoint is sticking only on the audio and not on the screen. That it may be a battery issue. Well when the batteries are not enough to power my V3i. I use them up in my headphones.
This might be why it only seems to do it every other day.

I was suppose to go out and try it tonight with new batteries in the headphones. But it seems I will have to do it tomorrow.

I will post here my results.

Thanks again for everyones help so far.

FERD