Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Button

jackson00

[attachment 286581 back613x640.jpg][attachment 286580 front640x630.jpg]

Found this friday. i believe it is civil war from what i found on the internet. can anyone confirm that?

Infantry for sure but could be Indian Wars :shrug: I can't make out the backmark.

Very nice button! Still has some gold plate on it. Your pics make it easy to see. You did a great job on those.

I see it now, that would put it in the Civil War period, made from 1850 to 1865. Great find :clapping:

thanks Larry that would be the time period of the place i found at Troy my wife took the pics she is better with the camera than me

LOVE IT! These old buttons are so much more interesting than finding an older coin. Congratulations on the Civil War era button. HH, Nancy

General Enlisted Man Infantry two Piece Eagle "I" Button from Scovill Mfg Co / Waterbury rmdc. Made and used from 1845 through 1860's.

Albert's book list it as GI 88a - 7

Tice's book list it as GI 21584

Very nice condition, great find.

dang the deep freeze brought out all these buttons lately ;) very cool!! nice work
neil