Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Caching In

jeffc

This is not a plug for me; however, I rent metal detectors to individuals in the local area. Last week, a gentleman contacted me about using a unit. He had an older BH but was looking for a cache of coins and jewelry his grandfather had buried. He indicated it was buried in the 2-3 ft range. I let him use a CZ-21. After a few days of hunting, he was able to locate the cache of goods. Obviously excited, I believe he is hooked. Enjoy.

A great cache recovery! I wished we could have seen some pic's of the coins and jewellery retrieved just out of interest. I think we would be surprised how many caches are still out there buried around old properties.
My Father-In -Law (long time passed away) had buried a lot of old silver coins and fortunately, he shared where he had buried them before passing away. In the past, people did not entirely trust banks so they were buried in the ground or under the chicken coop/barn/fence post/root cellar and any of a million others places! So with doing a little detective homework, we can definitely have a chance to be lucky!!

Great merciful Crocodiles of the Okovango Delta! :drool:

Can you imagine tripping across something like that someday?
Mud

I could not begin to explain to him how detectorists dream of a find like this. Funny how this is the first significant find for him. Kind of set the bar high for future discoveries.

Mud you always manage to come up with something that makes me burst out laughing. I would soil myself if I ever found something of this magnitude lol

:rofl:

quote=mudpuppy]
Great merciful Crocodiles of the Okovango Delta! :drool:
[/quote]

I'd like to know first where the Okovango Delta is?:shrug: and second, does it really have crocodile's in it? lol!!! I doubt they have any 'mercy' either!!!!!:rofl:

Good job kschae4! You know those old crocs stomachs have got to be full of solid gold zulu armbands!...the trick would be sneaking up on one and sweeping them with a detector to know for sure. Bucket list project.:thumbup:.
Mud

Just think how many hordes are even now being buried, in back yards as people horde gold & silver ,

THERE IS NO TELLING HOW MUCH IS REALLY OUT THERE. I BET LOTS OF US HUNTERS HAVE WALKED OVER BIG BUCKS AND NEVER KNOWN IT. HH-MARK

Can't Imagine. Congrats and HH

Maybe he should take his dog for a walk around the property. :detecting:

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Gold-Country-couple-discover-10-million-in-5266314.php