Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cal_Cobra MEETS AN INDIAN PRINCESS ON THE SPANISH TRAIL

Cal_Cobra

Saying I had an epic weekend would be an understatement! I loaded the latest Equinox firmware update to try the new FE2/0 iron program, and it did not disappoint!

I've posted about trip reports from this site several times over the years. It's always been a fun site IMO, you just never know what you'll dig, and it dates back to the early 1800's with history into the 20th century. It saw it's share of the Spanish, Mexicans, Emigrants, and Americans. It's getting difficult, lots of flat iron still left, but good finds have been thinning out, easy finds have been gone for years. TomCA won't even hunt there any more.

This trip turned out to be absolutely EPIC! Unbelievable really, because there have been trips where neither Tom nor I have dug a single coin at this site, so to dig five period coins in one trip was astounding.

Now if these were just five common 1800's coins, I would've left there an extremely happy camper, but two out of the five turned out to be astounding finds!

An 1865-S Seated Liberty Dime AND a 1856-S INDIAN PRINCESS $1 GOLD PIECE!!! I am absolutely over the moon from this hunt!

I got all the coins on video, if you have a chance, take a look:

[video=youtube_share;fPagadCSLkw]

attachment.php?attachmentid=1801598&stc=

attachment.php?attachmentid=1801600&stc=

Without further ado:

Right after she was dug and I just ran some bottled water over her in the field:

attachment.php?attachmentid=1801212&stc=

attachment.php?attachmentid=1801213&stc=

Thanks for looking!!

GL&HH,
Cal <<<<<<<< THE ORIGINAL CAL
icon_thumleft.gif

Things that dreams are made of. Congratulations.

Congrats on the FANTASTIC finds !

Awesome findA Cal saw the video on YouTube one of my greatest find was a gold coin!
Mark

WOWZER! WOWZER!!

Awesome finds Brian!!

I bet Tom regrets not hunting there anymore!!;)

Oustanding, Brian!

My last gold coin was quite a long time ago....I keep hoping for another.
Yours is sweet :thumbup:

(Video was nice, as well.)

mike

Howdy Cal_Cobra--
Your tenacity paid off - BIG TIME! Congratulations! You just proved that a site is never completely hunted out. That Type 2 $1 gold is a real dandy. Type 2's, for those that don't know, were only minted from 1854-1856 and your 1856-S is a rare date and in nice AU condition. Best of luck and...
Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Brian, nice going. Its been a while was that your first gold coin? I know you find those great sites. Curt O

Exactly where did you say that place is ????????????? 😈

That Princess didn't wander out into the wild alone.....Has to have a sister, brother, or other family member with her...
Congrats !....YOU'VE Struck Gold ! It does make you feel a warming, exciting rush of blood to your head doesn't it ?
What a great video !

That would be the find of a lifetime for me!!