Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Came across these yesterday......

okierebel

Some of my grandma's old snuff cans
20201113_153109.jpg

Join the hillbilly club. I had great aunts that dipped on a regular basis. I remember the brown jars with the dots on the bottom as well as small snuff cans. Those are cool. I also remember the spit cans they used, sorta ugh. lol

I think it was Garret snuff that came in small glass w/metal lid. You would clean the glasses and use them.
When we went to grandpa and grandma's that's what we drank out of when I was a kid. My grandpa had a coal
bucket full of ashes out of potbellied stove by his chair for a spittoon🤠

Pretty cool , about 32 years ago ,, I was living in the old family farm house , that had been passed down for generations. My Dad was willed the house ,, we were working on it ,, the house had no insulation in it ,, so I was in the attic and we were blowing in insulation. As I was backing out with the insulation blower hose ,, I would find a few things. At 1 point I was able to look down into a wall,, I saw something in the wall,,reached in and pulled out a Tobacco Sale calender from 1937,,, it was basically a calender of the days that the tobacco buyers would be at the buyers warehouse,, and the farmers would carry their crops to market on them days .. Well,, backing out of the attic access door ,, I found a bunch of those little tin cans. My Dad was there as I handed the out. He said they were my Great Grandmothers snuff cans. Said she always did snuff , but had to hide it from my Great Grandfather ,,, which is why it was hidden just inside the attic access door. I had never met my Great Grandmother,, or Great grandfather for that matter . But ,, it was just a little bit of family history.
So I guess ,, I'm from the hillbilly clans as well.

:)Well good or bad, family history usually is interesting!

Ya mean like clearin chickens off the kitchen table when company comes over:rofl:

My grandma dipped snuff all the time. Kept a maxwell coffee can next to her chair. My job was to empty it. Never knew my grandpa, he passed before I was born. But my uncle smoked unfiltered camel cigarettes one after another and ate mountain oysters out of a mason jar all the time. He lived to be in his 90s. I remember in the spring time milk from our cows smelling like spring onions. I truly miss those days.

My grandma dipped snuff all the time. Kept a maxwell coffee can next to her chair. My job was to empty it. Never knew my grandpa, he passed before I was born. But my uncle smoked unfiltered camel cigarettes one after another and ate mountain oysters out of a mason jar all the time. He lived to be in his 90s. I remember in the spring time milk from our cows smelling like spring onions. I truly miss those days.
Mountain oysters! Haven't heard that in a while. Politically correct people around here (OK) call'em pan fries or calf fries.
Off topic but I met a guy down from Minnesota one time he asked what are all those dead things on the highway. I told him they're
possum on a half shell (armadillos). He never spoke to me again after that!

HH okie