Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Can v3i be set deeper than preset coin & jewelry program?

Just curious is all. I noticed on another forum that using discrimination and 0 Hz tone assignment at the same time is popular as is other seemingly nonsense practices. (like the 6X10 DD coil being superieur) The way I see it is that with assignable tones, discrimination is not needed and the audio circuit is in the constant ON state. Some of us from the old school, thought that the less discrimination used, the deeper your detector would go and my line of thinking is that no nulling from no discrimination is a good thing............:shrug:

seemingly nonsense practices

Now, now Larry, be nice. If you are not nice I won't come out to play. :wiggle::wiggle: Rob

OK Rob, I don't want to get :ban: ...... :rofl: Seriously, if there are advantages, I'm all ears.

Honestly I just tried it . I can't say I saw an advantage. Also, I never noticed your ears where that big. I'll look better the next time I see you. I'm going to change the setting right now. Rob

I've tried those settings and had to add some noise. (Just didn't feel right and was missing deep pennies with a faster sweep.) Do like that 0 tone but is taking some getting used to but.......sure is snooping out a lot of wheaties and a few dimes. As far as that 6x10, all my coils are my favorite coil and that coil IS my favorite for many things hands down. (Just like my shooter,950 and 5.3....and the most used, 10DD) Saying "Favorite" sells everything short. What's your favorite adjustment?:rofl: (Mine is the on button!) "Whatever works for you." is what gets stuff done anyways.

Larry , one of the reasons I thought to use that set up was that by not accepting the #'s that my ground would ground phase at , then by using lock track it may be of some help in keeping a good ground balance. Was something Magic and I tossed around and played with when we started developing our programs with the Vision.Seeing there was no manual and was fly by the seat of your pants set ups . We played with many things and as the V3i came to be we sorta had a jump on things.It looks like our program styles are used a lot with good results. Still don't know if it really helps or not but haven't seen that it hurts. Hoping to get out hunting a bit this week. 30 mins here and there . Still got a weight limit of 5 lbs for another month and a half. With a small coil I think I am under that. H.H. Yazoo

rcasio44 said:
I've been trying it lately because Yazoo has his program set this way and I'm giving it a try. I've checked and all the ground I hunt falls in this range.

I wrote Jeff Foster concerning this but never got a reply. I wanted to know if there is an advantage to accept all VDI and set unwanted VDI to zero OR reject unwanted VDI and also set tones to Zero. I don't worry much about masking problems in this range and besides even if it isn't necessary it can't hurt anything. Rob

Hi Rob,
can you explain how I would determine the ground VDI range of the area's that I hunt??
thanks.
Jim.

Not Rob ,but it goes like this.Go 2 ground tracking ,thenZoom,thenzero in air then lower to the ground for the number. Is on page 21 of manual bottom right. H.H. Yazoo

Just checked this post again. I was talking to Anne and she saw no advantage to both rejecting and setting to zero. Score one for Larry. Now all my programs reject nothing and rejection is done by assigning a zero tone. Rob

Seems to me that if vdi number is rejected - then machine has to - reject/null/recover - whereas if not rejected and assisgned 0 tone - then no rejection/null/recovery time/delay - therefore less masking. Not sure that's right - just my thoughts. Interesting subject - thanks for posting! hh

At this point we believe that's the way it works. However, that's not the way it's being done on another forum. Rob

Rob ,Are you talking about your Guru buddies again?:wiggle: I too have went back to zero rejection.Didn't seem to help anything with the ground balance area of rejection.
LOL Yazoo

yazoo said:
Not Rob ,but it goes like this.Go 2 ground tracking ,thenZoom,thenzero in air then lower to the ground for the number. Is on page 21 of manual bottom right. H.H. Yazoo

Awesome, thanks Yazoo!
Jim

Yep, Anne set me straight. Hey, but if we didn't try things how would we learn? Glad to see you back in the middle of things. Rob

Thanks Rob.I am starting to get out a little more so long as I have a side kick. Not making any earth shattering finds though,Locations so far have not been panning
out real well. Yazoo

rcasio44 said:
I beg to differ, I see nothing special with the programs posted there. I'd have to say my programs don't match theirs. In one case I don't run RX 15 and boost and always look for coins only. I also don't use the 6x10 coil as my main coil, and actually don't think the D2 is a crap coil. Their consensus is they don't use the D2, I do. I just think too many people are blindly following them without considering that the soil the two main guys have don't match their conditions. This is my MHO. I am not saying what they say is wrong, it's just not right for everyone.

But for better results you might post over on the Whites forum. Please explain why?

I like to run my programs hot, you have to adjust to your conditions. I start with Hi Pro but it won't make any difference.

The main thing is to run as hot as you can as long as you run stable. I run:

Rx = 13 All Metal = 70 Discrimination = 90 - 94. (Disc higher than theirs)
Ground Filter = 5 band pass I swing slow and the 5 band is deep and good for EMI
Recovery 80 - 100 45 in trash but not when I am looking deep. (higher than theirs)
Frequency 3 frequency
Track autotrac = 15 or locktrac

I set +95 and +94 to zero tone
I reject -95 to -81 and set to zero tone (as per Yazoo)
I accept -80 through +93 (these following tones are for my ears.)
I set -80 through -1 to a tone of 5 (as per Magic)
0 through +16 tone =150
+17, +18, +20 tone =195
+19 tone = 230
+21 though +49 tone = 150
+50 through +55 tone equals 160
+56 through +88 tone = 200
+89 through +92 tone equals 230

Right now my Stereo Mixed mode program is doing pretty good.

Rob, I was trying to set my machine similar to your settings here, but I don't have some of these options?? are these options you listed only for the V3i??
my original Vision can't set VDI's to certain tones, I also don't have a "recovery speed" setting anywhere I can find. Thanks. Jim.

Yellow,I no longer reject any VDI's. I found it made little or no difference. Run wide open and assign a 0 to all you don't want to hear. H.H. Yazoo

yazoo said:
Yellow,I no longer reject any VDI's. I found it made little or no difference. Run wide open and assign a 0 to all you don't want to hear. H.H. Yazoo

Hi yazoo,
Ok, but as I wrote above, I don't seem to have the option to even assign different tones to different VDI's. So my question was: is that a V3i only option?
as mine is an original Vision when first released.
thanks.
Jim.

Tone assignment is on page 35 of your V3 owners manual. http://media.whiteselectronics.com/manuals/V3%20Manuals/v3-owners-guide.pdf

I believe it is Expert Menu, Search Audio, Tone ID Custom.

Larry (IL) said:
Tone assignment is on page 35 of your V3 owners manual. http://media.whiteselectronics.com/manuals/V3%20Manuals/v3-owners-guide.pdf

I believe it is Expert Menu, Search Audio, Tone ID Custom.

Hi Larry,
I'll try that thanks.
Jim.