Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Can v3i be set deeper than preset coin & jewelry program?

rombolo

Hi Folks, I want to search deeper than the preset depth on the V3i Coin & Jewelry program. Does anyone know the proper settings for searching deeper than the preset values on the factory setting?

I beg to differ, I see nothing special with the programs posted there. I'd have to say my programs don't match theirs. In one case I don't run RX 15 and boost and always look for coins only. I also don't use the 6x10 coil as my main coil, and actually don't think the D2 is a crap coil. Their consensus is they don't use the D2, I do. I just think too many people are blindly following them without considering that the soil the two main guys have don't match their conditions. This is my MHO. I am not saying what they say is wrong, it's just not right for everyone.

But for better results you might post over on the Whites forum. Please explain why?

I like to run my programs hot, you have to adjust to your conditions. I start with Hi Pro but it won't make any difference.

The main thing is to run as hot as you can as long as you run stable. I run:

Rx = 13 All Metal = 70 Discrimination = 90 - 94. (Disc higher than theirs)
Ground Filter = 5 band pass I swing slow and the 5 band is deep and good for EMI
Recovery 80 - 100 45 in trash but not when I am looking deep. (higher than theirs)
Frequency 3 frequency
Track autotrac = 15 or locktrac

I set +95 and +94 to zero tone
I reject -95 to -81 and set to zero tone (as per Yazoo)
I accept -80 through +93 (these following tones are for my ears.)
I set -80 through -1 to a tone of 5 (as per Magic)
0 through +16 tone =150
+17, +18, +20 tone =195
+19 tone = 230
+21 though +49 tone = 150
+50 through +55 tone equals 160
+56 through +88 tone = 200
+89 through +92 tone equals 230

Right now my Stereo Mixed mode program is doing pretty good.

Just what is--->"the preset depth on the V3i Coin & Jewelry program"???
How did you learn about that?

Jerry

There is no preset depth on the V3i. Depth is determined by your ground, your experience, and how well you know your detector, in that order. The preset programs are set well right out of the box for most new users and if you are new to the V3i, that is probably as far as you will want to press the adjustments until you get better acquainted with the machine. The biggest mistake you can make with the V3i (or any other detector) is trying to make adjustments without understanding what they do and how they affect some other adjustments. There are lots of suggested tweaks in past posts.

I think he is talkinf 13" Deepth ????

Rob's settings are very close to what Im running most of the time.Slowing way down,coil overlap and operator interpretation of the Vs information are also adjustments that must be made when trying to go deep.No sequence of button pushing is going to automatically get you into deeper finds.Its a learning experience and will take time.:thumbup:

Robs program outlined here is pretty much what I use too.The basics are the same ,we accept most everything.It can get deep and has for me. The 6X10 coil pretty much loses about 6 inches in depth against the D2 right off the bat with these settings.I have checked out the 2 Guru's settings from another site and have to say in my area they would be surface hunting and might get 3 inches deep,stock programs blow them away. It all comes down to what works for you but I do know variations on this program Rob has outline works around the country pretty good, it is more like a true Pro program that is use'r friendly. IMO Yazoo

Hi:Im jack from pennsylvania.I like what you had to say regarding setting my V3i to all these suggestions.It was way too crazy and had to do a master reset to get home to factory settings in coin and jewl.My ques. is how does that 245Vdi tone @19 keep you from digging pullies instead of nicks.Been around the house with the restored factory,and the learning curve is under way.I'm a self admitted slow learner and things are beginning to click.I hate those pullies but feel like I gotta digem,in spite of the poor pinpoint that seems like I gotta learn to live with,(vco) in pinpoint is active.Thanks for reading this and any thoughts would be appreciated.........Jack

Leojack, If you set your 18-19 VDI tones to the same as you use for quarters and Dimes.Then listen for the high pitch of the Quarter and dime with the low 18-19 VDI#. This will give you a edge over the tabs.18-19 high pitch= Nickle most of the time. Good luck .Yazoo

The Tone isn't important it's just that it is so different from the tones above and below it. When I am hunting and I get that bleep I just check more. I find many nickels that guys miss, especially ones that don't give a good signal. Once I hear the beep among the low tones I go over and over the area. Rob

yazoo said:
Leojack, If you set your 18-19 VDI tones to the same as you use for quarters and Dimes.Then listen for the high pitch of the Quarter and dime with the low 18-19 VDI#. This will give you a edge over the tabs.18-19 high pitch= Nickle most of the time. Good luck .Yazoo

Good tip Yazoo! Thanks

Rob,

I got in on this thread a little late. Was there something edited out of the OP? Your first response is making reference to something I can't seem to find. Sorry for being slow on this. Thanks

Jack

Yes there was Jack. Rob

Hi Jack from Pennsy. loaded that prog. in pro hunt on my V3i.Still pretty noisy so cut down the gain,left disc. in upper 70's.Will I be essentially surface hunting?I"m hitting an old camp-ground this week and am hoping for some success. But it may require some depth.
I've left c&j program factory set so I jump to it it pro fails.Any thoughts would be appreciated.......Jack

Hi Jack,

Some of us are trying to really get deep. Again much depends on your environment. RX 7 and Disc 75 is the stock coin and jewelry. Its more than surface hunting. I would try to get Disc 85 and RX 9 or 10 if you can. It's important to run as high as you can while still keeping it stable. Do I get some falsing, yes. That's the price of the really deep ones. Did you check Larry and my Last hunt? Rob

I just saved your settings to a file on my desktop. I am going to try it when I get my "i" upgrade.

I also like the D2 coil. I prefer DD coils over concentric coils everytime... but everyone is different... the D2 is a good coil though!

J

Thanks Rob! You've been a huge help but I'm still a bit confused...I just purchased the v3i. I am trying to set my machine according to your reply. Are you saying you accept all metal and change the tone to recognize rather than look at the display? If you could clarify your settings I'd appreciate....many thanks.

I reject the VDI numbers from -95 to -81. They are now also set to zero tone. This where all the ground I hunt fits. I don't want to hear the ground.

I then accept all VDI from -80 to +95. Now my detector doesn't null on these VDI. The ones I want to hear I assign a tone. The ones I don't want to hear I assign a zero tone.
The VDI from -80 to -1 are ferrous I assign a tone of 5 to them so I can monitor the unwanted metal in the ground. On some of my programs these get the zero tone. Rob

Why do you reject -95 to -81 if you already have the tone set to 0?

I've been trying it lately because Yazoo has his program set this way and I'm giving it a try. I've checked and all the ground I hunt falls in this range.

I wrote Jeff Foster concerning this but never got a reply. I wanted to know if there is an advantage to accept all VDI and set unwanted VDI to zero OR reject unwanted VDI and also set tones to Zero. I don't worry much about masking problems in this range and besides even if it isn't necessary it can't hurt anything. Rob

Rob,I would be interested in what Jeff Foster has to say about it too. I have tried both ways and can not tell a difference.I just figure it cant help to cover yr rear a little more if you can. Yazoo