Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Can you pair one Equinox to two headsets?

bklein

Wondering if two headsets can sync to one Equinox so I could hear another guy's detect sounds.

bklein said:
Wondering if two headsets can sync to one Equinox so I could hear another guy's detect sounds.

Barry,

The WM 08 can be paired with 4 devices and the ML 80 headphones can be paired to two devices. Page 57 of the manual.

Joe

I met a guy at the beach that was using an EQ800 and tried to pair my ML80 headphones with it while he was detecting but it didn’t work. There must be a trick. The manual doesn’t really go into how it is supposed to be done. Maybe you have to repair both at the same time, which we didn’t try. Its hard enough getting one paired up....

bklein said:
I met a guy at the beach that was using an EQ800 and tried to pair my ML80 headphones with it while he was detecting but it didn’t work. There must be a trick. The manual doesn’t really go into how it is supposed to be done. Maybe you have to repair both at the same time, which we didn’t try. Its hard enough getting one paired up....

you can only pair one set of phones. You cant have both a WM-08 and BT phones connected, the WM-08 has priority in that.

Jason in Enid said:

you can only pair one set of phones. You cant have both a WM-08 and BT phones connected, the WM-08 has priority in that.

According to the manual you can connect up to 4 devices to the WM 08. At least that is how I am reading it. In that case if the guy was using the WM 08, two sets of headphones could be paired. Actually four pair could. And that I think I read on the Minelab site and the reason behind it was to help on the audio learning curve with a group of at least 4 users in a class setting.

The ML 80 can be pared with 2 devices...... like a cell phone and headphones. You can use the wireless headphones and cabled phones at the same time. You cant connect another wireless device along with the ML80...... say two pairs of wireless headphones (page 56). The WM08 (box) yes 4 of those can be use....... but at over $200 a piece thats pricy.

Ive used the wireless phones which my grandson used with my wired ones for a beach hunt together.

PryorCreekJoe said:

According to the manual you can connect up to 4 devices to the WM 08. At least that is how I am reading it. In that case if the guy was using the WM 08, two sets of headphones could be paired. Actually four pair could. And that I think I read on the Minelab site and the reason behind it was to help on the audio learning curve with a group of at least 4 users in a class setting.

You're reading that wrong. The WM-08 only connects to a single headphone, it only has a single connector. The WM-08 can only connect to a single detector. What you can do, is connect up to 4 WM-08s to a single detector.

dewcon4414 said:
The ML 80 can be pared with 2 devices...... like a cell phone and headphones. You can use the wireless headphones and cabled phones at the same time. .......

I got my headphones to pair to both my EQX and my phone while sitting in my living room. Everything worked fine. When I go out to actually hunt, I can never get the the phone paired again. Its wiered and frustrating. I know it works, but I I cant use it like that in the "real world". So I'm stuck putting down my detector and fishing out my phone, taking off at least one ear cup so I can talk... every time my wife calls. :shrug:

Jason in Enid said:

You're reading that wrong. The WM-08 only connects to a single headphone, it only has a single connector. The WM-08 can only connect to a single detector. What you can do, is connect up to 4 WM-08s to a single detector.

Jason,

You are right, I did read it wrong. My bad.

Joe