Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cant even describe this outting…..

Ronstar

jkline has his brand spanking new Nox 800, lets go play!!! We decide AdLawn should be good open area and now that school is out its easier to get parking close. We start in on an area that we’ve both hit on older coins before but I’m fighting terrible EMI so I move away. Still getting it but I can still hear the solid hits so I start slowing down. I kid you not, my first penny/dime signal is at about 6-8” and it turns out to be my first dug IH penny, 1903!! Detail looks pretty crisp and she has a beautiful green patina to it. Start to make an ever enlarging circle from that point and dig a 1959 Memorial and then a 1962. Then EMI back.

OK, what is going on? Its drifting in and out so can only hunt for a couple minutes at a time. Jeff running clear but had it in an area we both know it exists. F75 can run 7 different freq’s to off set EMI. I try what the manual says and nothing responds, so I try it opposite the instructions and bam! It resets to F1 which is factory set and the EMI goes away! (More on this later). Nice to be swinging quiet now!! Next hit is 1927S wheat, then a bit later 1919S, c’mon silver…… next up a Buffalo but cant read it in the field (once home it is a 1916). Then I get a dime hit 6” deep and it ends up being a small 4H pin with pin and clasp intact.
Can it get any better? Yes, GOLD!!! I get a low quarter 77-76 one way and high dime 72-73 readings. At 5” down I couldnt find anything in the hole so checked plug and pinpointer starts vibrating. Slight pull on the dirt and something falls into hole, I can see a gold band and a large bluish head, breathe……. Womans ring and I can see 10K inside the band and other letters next to it but cant read them (once cleaned up if is SPRING). C’mon silver, where you be hiding????
Eventually we both needed to leave but I will be back there, trust me!
On F75 manual says while unit is off to push and hold mode button for several seconds while pushing the trigger forward (ground balance away and pinpoint you would pull towards you). Now you can move up thru the different freq’s. I ended up leaving unit on and then doing the above and it worked. I’ve been having some EMI issues lately and what I think may have happened was that I accidentally did not fully turn of the unit off earlier and the batteries went completely dead. I wonder when the last 1-2% of battery life was left if the freq’s started rolling around until it died????
On the IH now its soaked and cleaned I can read LIBERTY on the headband clear and sharp, other than the greenish tone there is really no wearing of the surfaces at all, its very sharp!

Attachments

• EDC4DE8A-D8B1-437B-9B00-4F041F596F3A.jpeg
    EDC4DE8A-D8B1-437B-9B00-4F041F596F3A.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 132
  • 2DCB17A3-1E22-41AF-BF8E-D74BA8A84FB6.jpeg
    2DCB17A3-1E22-41AF-BF8E-D74BA8A84FB6.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 116
  • 1EECAC0A-C085-4BA6-ADE9-5D90278A3350.jpeg
    1EECAC0A-C085-4BA6-ADE9-5D90278A3350.jpeg
    442.7 KB · Views: 114
  • 1AB7B73D-DB0A-4461-BA29-CC150132EB8B.jpeg
    1AB7B73D-DB0A-4461-BA29-CC150132EB8B.jpeg
    149.6 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Real nice finds there I’ve been concentrating on looking for more gold and so far this year digging low to mid deeper tones with the nox has found 6 gold rings my best gold year so far..
Probably most people ignore those thinking they’re pull tabs I dig a lot of those to but a solid 16 was a nice gold class ring ..

The IH cent is in super nice condition with Full Liberty!! Very nice score Mr. Ron!!
Your wheat pennies aren’t bad condition either. Let them sit in lemon juice for a few minutes and it will clean them right up.
with finds like these, silver should be on the horizon.

jkline has his brand spanking new Nox 800, lets go play!!! We decide AdLawn should be good open area and now that school is out its easier to get parking close. We start in on an area that we’ve both hit on older coins before but I’m fighting terrible EMI so I move away. Still getting it but I can still hear the solid hits so I start slowing down. I kid you not, my first penny/dime signal is at about 6-8” and it turns out to be my first dug IH penny, 1903!! Detail looks pretty crisp and she has a beautiful green patina to it. Start to make an ever enlarging circle from that point and dig a 1959 Memorial and then a 1962. Then EMI back.

OK, what is going on? Its drifting in and out so can only hunt for a couple minutes at a time. Jeff running clear but had it in an area we both know it exists. F75 can run 7 different freq’s to off set EMI. I try what the manual says and nothing responds, so I try it opposite the instructions and bam! It resets to F1 which is factory set and the EMI goes away! (More on this later). Nice to be swinging quiet now!! Next hit is 1927S wheat, then a bit later 1919S, c’mon silver…… next up a Buffalo but cant read it in the field (once home it is a 1916). Then I get a dime hit 6” deep and it ends up being a small 4H pin with pin and clasp intact.
Can it get any better? Yes, GOLD!!! I get a low quarter 77-76 one way and high dime 72-73 readings. At 5” down I couldnt find anything in the hole so checked plug and pinpointer starts vibrating. Slight pull on the dirt and something falls into hole, I can see a gold band and a large bluish head, breathe……. Womans ring and I can see 10K inside the band and other letters next to it but cant read them (once cleaned up if is SPRING). C’mon silver, where you be hiding????
On F75 manual says while unit is off to push and hold mode button for several seconds while pushing the trigger forward (ground balance away and pinpoint you would pull towards you). Now you can move up thru the different freq’s. I ended up leaving unit on and then doing the above and it worked. I’ve been having some EMI issues lately and what I think may have happened was that I accidentally did not fully turn of the unit off earlier and the batteries went completely dead. I wonder when the last 1-2% of battery life was left if the freq’s started rolling around until it died????
On the IH now its soaked and cleaned I can read LIBERTY on the headband clear and sharp, other than the greenish tone there is really no wearing of the surfaces at all, its very sharp!
Nice fines - you didn't give up and made a bad hunt great!
Tony

Ron sure scored. That area has given up some old coins for me: V nickels and a couple Barbers. I tallied a zinc, a wheatie and nickel. The Nox is going to have a steep learning curve methinks.
But it is so light compared to the fbs units you were using.

Earthly…. Put them in lemon juice and will let sit for 10 minutes. I let them sit in Elmy’s ketchup for about 5 minutes but it didnt help that much. The buff tho, I’m pretty sure thats what brought the date up enough to read. Not sure if the green will get erased and the nickel still has the reddish oxidation in place. Going to not touch the IH until a coin expert looks at it.

@Elmy-- things would have been better had I read some of the 'Destruction' manual before I went out.
I have always been told , men don't read the "construction" manuals ......until they can't figure it out some weeks or months later.
Never did figure out why they call it instruction manual instead of construction manual myself.

Earthly…. Put them in lemon juice and will let sit for 10 minutes. I let them sit in Elmy’s ketchup for about 5 minutes but it didnt help that much. The buff tho, I’m pretty sure thats what brought the date up enough to read. Not sure if the green will get erased and the nickel still has the reddish oxidation in place. Going to not touch the IH until a coin expert looks at it.
yep...that red buff needs a vinegar and salt tumble to help it out.
The green patina should stay on the IH ....don't mess with it.

Ron, Sounds like you had a great time and found some great finds.

Ron sure scored. That area has given up some old coins for me: V nickels and a couple Barbers. I tallied a zinc, a wheatie and nickel. The Nox is going to have a steep learning curve methinks.
If you learned the ETrac and CTX you will have no problem learning the Equinox.

I was referring to just the wheat pennies.
I agree don’t soak the IH cent lemon juice. It’s a beautiful coin just the way that it is.