Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Carry Case for the CTX3030

I think most sporting goods stores that carry guns have those Plano cases at pretty decent prices. I saw something like that at a local Gander Mountain last month. Yours looks real good.

n/t

You sir have mad skills! Very nice :)

That's a brilliant piece of work bigboar. :thumbup:
bigboar said:
FINISHED!!!!!!

It took alot longer than expected. After the 6" coil arrives and I cut its spot out, all that is left is to spray glue the foam down.....

jimmybigshot said:
Pretty impressive Dale. Now hurry up and tell Andrew.... wait, now it's UPS.... to hurry up and give me my CTX!

thanks jbs! I know that feeling of waiting! I was checking my tracking # 3 to 4 times a day just so I could see if it made any progress!! :lol:

I looked up the specs on this box and it says it weighs 25lbs... Is that correct??

i dont remember for sure jart. i can tell you its definately not light. It is very sturdy, has wheels, and is watertight. Unfortuantely I sold it awhile back when I sold a previous ctx I owned. Now that I have another ctx I wish I wouldnt have. I am going to have to break down and buy me another and go through cutting again.

That stinks! :rant: I love the idea just don't think I could break down my ctx every time though. I have been looking into the bone collector bow case, looks pretty sturdy. I think it's back up to the top of the forum if you wanna check it out. Thanks for your reply!

jartbaker said:
That stinks! :rant: I love the idea just don't think I could break down my ctx every time though. I have been looking into the bone collector bow case, looks pretty sturdy. I think it's back up to the top of the forum if you wanna check it out. Thanks for your reply!

yes I saw it..and I might even go that route if I cant make myself decide to take the time to do another foam cut but I dont wanna end up kicking myself because I personally wouldnt be willing to check it in on a flight in the bow case. I am just not a fan of everything open inside and just being held in place by straps. Everything in the prior one I made was just so well protected and nothing is gonna even remotely have a chance of moving around. That plano case is one sturdy case and the few times it would get used a year it wouldnt bother me to break it down. I use the new ctx specific carry bag for regular transport so it is really only for a few trips per year with needing a hard case.

bigboar said:
yes I saw it..and I might even go that route if I cant make myself decide to take the time to do another foam cut but I dont wanna end up kicking myself because I personally wouldnt be willing to check it in on a flight in the bow case. I am just not a fan of everything open inside and just being held in place by straps.

Bigboar,

Nice job on your custom cutouts!

I have the Bone collector case with the extra Plano pad in the lid. There is quite a bit of compression between the two pads helping to keep things from moving around. I would not hesitate to check mine for a flight. If I was really concerned I might use additional small foam peices to further limit contact.