Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

"CASTAWAY" Corner.....(information to sleep by) movie trivia

fmurphy

Once again, my friend from Britain wanted to hit the road and go to a few specific spots he had be researching. And when I say hit the road...the middle of nowhere was SOMEWHERE compared to this spot. We went to a desolate part of the Texas Panhandle about 10mi north of a small community called Mobeetie,Tx. The reason for this particular leg of the trip was to get photos of timing locations for the Tom Hanks movie "Castaway" ...(and I've never seen the movie) we went to the filming locations of the FINAL scenes of the movie, to the ranch house where he delivered the package that was marooned on the island with him for 4 years...no one was home so he stuck it in the screen of the front door. And the other spot we went..was to the intersection at the very end of show after he delivered the pkg and wondering which way to go, when the young girl from the ranch pulled up in a truck and was asking him if he was lost.... ....you can literally see miles and miles of Texas.. For you folks wondering where this is... find Mobeetie,TX on the map...go 5mi north on HWY 48 and you will reach the intersection of hwy 48 and hwy 1268. The house is 5 miles north of this intersection on the left side of road..it is on a rough gravel farm road. Or just GOOGLE the ARRINGTON RANCH in Mobeetie,tx and you get some info on it.. The archway over the ranch entrance had the name changed for the movie, but the angel wings and the Arrington name is there now. The photo of the car at the intersection shows where Tom Hanks was parked after he delivered the pkg...looking south. Kinda makes you wonder why they went to this location in the middle of nowhere.........
Just a tease for my next post the Arrington name will come in handy on some other photos and bits of information from the trip today, along with the name of Sam Houston...... stay tuned
Sorry for the long post, just a lot of info to explain.....
Frank

Coordinates of house for anyone interest... 35°42'57" N 100°27'6" W
Coordinates of intersection: 35°38'2" N 100°27'5" W

WOW! Those are some great shots, Frank. And tons of information.
Thanks a lot for sharing. WTG

I have seen this movie several times on TV,,I looked at the pictures first,, and knew it was from the Castaway....
The Girl is Lari White, a Country singer....
If you get a chance to watch the movie,, do so...I think its a good movie...
Here are a couple of pictures, that I found on the net.
Good Job.
Bj

Its definitely a good movie. I bet the owner of that house has had quite a few visitors over the last 16 years. Nice shoots

Love the pictures and what a great story. Thanks Frank!

I have always enjoyed viewing a Post like this one...traveling the back roads taking pictures and writing a story about the adventure. You did great, thanks for sharing. Kelley (Texas) :)

thank you for all the great comments...i'll have one more post from this trip tonight or tomorrow..part of it is connected to photos in this post....
hope everyone has a great day...