Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Catching micro jewelry and small hits while wading - solved!

Ytcoinshooter

My old sifter is derived from a Garrett gold concentrator and has served me for decades. The EQX is a game changer with its solid hits on micro stuff, earring backs, broken chains and even single links or jump rings. I'll probably trim the excess foam and use it to float my cord. I can tow these in tandem, nest them for sifting if desired. Of course to speed things up I have to keep a waterproof pinpointer handy. What I can't do is tell you the source except to say my wife and I grabbed two (she goes shelling) at a huge flea market in FL. I had received my 800 in Florida during March and got tired of having to dump my scoop contents on the hard pack damp sand anfter gingerly wading back to shore without letting stuff fall through my scoop holes. I'm considering a well known hybrid scoop with some tiny slots for use where the chop will make towing a sifter a major pain. One more thought is adding a big boaters keychain float to my pinpointer as a precaution. I usually keep it in my water finds bag but I'm a klutz.
I think my idea may help someone. Crap - I missed the chance to start my own cottage industry :rofl:.!
HH - Bruce

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7Nm5HM9qmVdRJ1Jh6

I feel your pain brother and love your creativeness. Modifying or building a new sand scoop is first on my list as I can't even get my micro's out of the water :ranting:.
In the shallows I have resorted to dragging them to the shore and sorting them out." Them" being earrings, split shot, a small chain or 2 etc so I know they are worth while targets, this machine finds the little guys.

Laplander

laplander said:
I feel your pain brother and love your creativeness. Modifying or building a new sand scoop is first on my list as I can't even get my micro's out of the water :ranting:.
In the shallows I have resorted to dragging them to the shore and sorting them out." Them" being earrings, split shot, a small chain or 2 etc so I know they are worth while targets, this machine finds the little guys.

Laplander
Exactly!!!

:please::please: My hat goes off to you going after that small stuff in the water. I know its a bear sometimes finding those tiny targets in the wet sand and have passed up my share in the shallow water. Never needed my pin pointer at the beach before but I'm thinking about taking it with me now :thumbup: