Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cellar Hole Sunday!!!

undertoe

It really pays to talk to people about our hobby.
Last week I was talking to a guy at work,to make a long story short,he told me about some old stone walls way out in the woods behind his house.
We decided today was the day he would take my buddy and I to them. After a half hour hike through the woods we arrived at our destination.
About twenty minutes into the hunt my buddy called me over,,he found a beautiful cellar hole!!
We're guessing this place was virgin because of where it is.
So guys,we never would have found this place if I kept my hobby a secret. Talk to people,tell them what we love to do,and every now and then someone will say,hey I know of a place that might be good for metal detecting!!!
I think this is my fourth large cent for the year and boy what a beauty...
The claddagh ring was quite a surprise,I've never seen one with two hearts on it.i think it's made out of copper or brass.
Three flat buttons total,were found today,two by me and one by my buddy.
Great day for a great hunt.. Thanks for looking.

Very cool finds.. that large cent still has excellent detail left on it...cladaugh ring has a primitive look to it....great hunt...

Beautiful coin.. looks like a great site to detect around.. and with the location, probably don't have to contend with modern trash either!!
Keep on hitting it.. likely to be some more goodies around there somewhere!!!

Man that's awesome ! You "cultivated" that site - letting them people know about your detecting and gaining access to a place you wouldn't have otherwise. I hope you get to milk it. That's a beautiful LC and the antique claddagh ring is something to admire. Nice pictures too.
Congrats & HH
Bruce

Way to go, i love places like that. No one to pester you. That coin is a beaut as well as the other interesting finds. Good Hunts, CO

Very nice sharp image coin and nice ring too!!! There's got to be much more stuff there including perhaps some gold? Good luck hunting there!

Yes, I talk to everyone I can - it's resuted in a lot of great finds !

Congrats on the fantastic finds !