Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Change coil charging clamp

JC99328

The only thing I really dislike is the coil charging clip. But, I have an idea for you 3-D printers.

Change the clamp 90 degrees and make it longer. I'm thinking like a pair of pliers. Grab from the side not the top.

Think chanel lock pliers with a spring in handles and contacts in one jaw. It must have the small and large orientation to maintain the correct polarity.

Like this
IMG_20231226_111050601.jpg

I have/use the "Doodads" charging clips--they work fine with easy enough hook up.----The only problem there is that they are no longer available.---The person that made them went out of business.----I wish the factory charger clip was made similar to the magnetic one on the Minelab Equinox charger cable.

Go ahead and create a monster. Why bother, just dremel or file away the edges of the coil cover so the clip can slip over the edges. Might have to add a small bit of Vaseline. That’s what I did. No more problem! You’ve already wasted more time texting about it. Could’ve fixed it already.

That is a solution but then it is a PIA when you have the Deus wired up for water hunting.

To each his own. I don’t see a problem either way. Not a fan of acronyms, misleading. Just like to simplify things when possible. The best solution is not to complicate something that isn’t complicated to start with. Just smooth out the wrinkles, something XP should have done with their coil protector but ignored.

I’ve seen these before and been on the website but never tried one. I just ordered one, they do look like an improvement.

Retired Army; We thrive on acronyms... PIA=Pain In A--... Targits - Is the item on Doodads the one made in Ukraine? If it is I believe others have had a hard time getting one or getting contact with the maker! If you do get one Jeff let us know. I would like to see something like this that could be mounted without the coil cover.

I did get a reply email Thank you for your order. There’s a Texas address.
26006 Fawnwood St.
Magnolia, TX 77355

One thing that is not helping your charger is the condition of the coil itself. All the dirt and grass and junk in the edges of the cover are pushing the edges away from the coil slightly and making a precision fit out of tolerance. Clean the coil and cover, reassemble, attach clip.

It’s essential to know your voltage as you can have probs with the oval coil mine never finishes it’s charge by flashing buts charged anyway,tried changing the battery but still faulty

The solution was right in the photo. I used those Chanel lock pliers on the clip. No cutting and weakening the coil cover.

Tapering the coil cover from the top down between the nubs (high points molded to show which direction the clip is to be placed)the small distance of 1/4”-3/8” does not weaken the coil cover. It provides a smooth transition for the clip to glide over without stressing it. Simple physics. My coil has never been allowed to get that dirty as the one pictured to be deflected so wide as to hinder attaching the clip. The original thickness did however, before a simple modification. Using force and pliers on plastic eventually will cause failure of plastic I.e. the coil cover the clip or the coil.
I am still using my 2year old clip on my two year old coil cover without problem one. I go out daily from spring through November and recharge daily. My coil cover is taken off frequently cleaned and fits very snuggly. I agree with Idx monster soil under the coil causes it to spread out changing the dimension the clip has to spread to install it.
Still seems to be a lot of fuss easily managed. Like I said this one somehow got by XP and can be taken care of by a modification to the coil cover mold. I worked in the injection molding business for 20 years and know it doesn’t need to be a problem.

That was my problem from the start. The coil cover was not tight. I tightly taped both sides of the attachment nubs in an effort to hold the cover in. It worked to a degree. At least the clip doesn't snag.