Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Chatter Nox 600

scubadetector said:
By any chance do you have an electric underground dog fence or your neighbor have one?

Or overhead power lines, or an electrical transformer nearby?

Jason in Enid said:
By any chance do you have an electric underground dog fence or your neighbor have one?

If so, it's new. I've had my etrac out in the yard within the last week, and had no issues. Guess I need to try it again to see if it messes up now.

You can try throwing the main breaker in the house & see if it goes away. If so you can turn on one branch at a time & find the
branch its on. Then unplug each device till you find the culprit. This may not work if its battery run or battery back upped. You also
could have leakage at the power, phone, CATV etc lines. Almost no end to the posabilities.......

BTW to kill a phone you need to pull the battery. The MPU is always running to see the "ON" button pushed. Even at that it may have a
tiny battery or a "super cap" for memory.

HH Tom
LFOD !

lower case g said:

If so, it's new. I've had my etrac out in the yard within the last week, and had no issues. Guess I need to try it again to see if it messes up now.

lower case g said:
I've had my etrac out in the yard within the last week, and had no issues.

I've noticed that places I had EMI problems with my CTX, are worse with the EQX. I hate running low sensitivity, but in some places its the only to make it work. Just the nature of the beast.

My 600 has been pretty good about chatter--my Etrac is worse. But, it does depend on the location. Some places have unexplained EMI or other things going one...

Here is a video I made. Forgive the audio, I recorded it on my phone separate from the video. At one point, I say that I increased the volume, but I meant the sensitivity. I think the issue was just that 19 or 20 is just too sensitive for my back yard. I appreciate everyone's help. I was just afraid I'd gotten a lemon that has slipped past Minelab's QC. Thanks!

[video]https://youtu.be/vUA_3nb62yU[/video]