Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Check those boxes

dewcon4414

Im asking this as a question. I just got a message from my dealer. I had ordered a 1/3 to 1/4" adaptor for my headphones. Then i read thru the manual.... on page 5 it show INCLUDED with the 800 USB and Auxillary cable 3.5 (1/8 inch). I also check the ML site.... says the same. So i went to cancel with the dealer as not needed. I got a reply back from my dealer "Unfortunately there is no adapter in the box. It would be too good to include those from the start". Then i watched someone unbox one....... there were just 2 cables. I need to confirm this. If its not this really bites........ no yellow headphone and a cable i HAVE to buy that should have been with it.

Dew

I was wondering this too, but thought I seen this twice when I read the owners manual I printed on line and seen it twice saying the cord for the wired headphone was bought separately . I agree it should have came with the Equinox 800,

What I am wondering if using a power pack you hook it up to the headphone jack or is the cable the same one you use to charge the battery that sits outside the detector that is held on with the magnet.

Rick

I found mine in the headphone case the top of it has a little mesh zippered basket

I just confirmed it thru my dealer........ that 1/3 that comes in your box IS NOT the waterproof one. It doesnt come with the waterproof adaptor. So ... ML i know you are reading this..... us water guys might as well use other machines right now since we have NO way of using the machine in the water except wading. No headphones and no cable to modify...... and no idea when they will be available OR the price we will have to pay for either.

I guess i read that wrong there is a cable but it is a3.5mm to 3.5mm dont know what its for, regardless I got the 800 and like wireless, got an Excalibur for the water, bummer they didnt include basics like that
dewcon4414 said:
I just confirmed it thru my dealer........ that 1/3 that comes in your box IS NOT the waterproof one. It doesnt come with the waterproof adaptor. So ... ML i know you are reading this..... us water guys might as well use other machines right now since we have NO way of using the machine in the water except wading. No headphones and no cable to modify...... and no idea when they will be available OR the price we will have to pay for either.

Yes...USB and charging cable is there.... u can plug the USB charging cable into most any USB port.

Calm down Dew..... take a breath! Now exhale....... :)

Steve told us 2 weeks ago the cable that comes with the machine isn't what we need to go neck deep. We need the accessory cable that is an accessory OR a set of phones with the proper waterproof connector for the machine.

All will be ok, give it a chance...... Oh, breath in, breath out....... LOL Just funnin with you buddy!

Cliff

dewcon4414 said:
I just confirmed it thru my dealer........ that 1/3 that comes in your box IS NOT the waterproof one. It doesn't come with the waterproof adapter. So ... ML i know you are reading this..... us water guys might as well use other machines right now since we have NO way of using the machine in the water except wading. No headphones and no cable to modify...... and no idea when they will be available OR the price we will have to pay for either.

Ooooops -

I have to say that this part of the roll out appears to have Oops'd. I am planning on using the equinox for water hunting and have also 'pre-ordered' waterproof headphones with my dealer. While final software renditions were still going on up to the very last minute, the connectors to be used for the headphones must have been set in stone a LONG TIME AGO.

They must have been working with their suppliers on this for a year or more. I wonder what the turnaround time is for headphone orders from their supplier?

Rich (Utah)

Ha ha ha...... thanks Cliff for kicking the soap box out from under me. I think my pulse is back to normal. Rich..... you did notice they used the CTX connector for the cable? So i have to think they intentionally changed it up for the phones. I understand the delay for the detector...... not so sure why all the accessories havent been priced and available.