Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Clean silver coin signal ?

I wonder, when there is no junk beside, when using target trace, do you usually get a clean silver (coin) signal or do you usually get some extra splatter on the screen?

Usually a nice red dot that fits perfectly in the crosshairs.

That is what I get too.

At around 5" I get just a tiny dot and a solid tone when it's a clean signal, and the coin is laying flat.

Aha. Thanks. I was thinking about my last one and I was getting a bit of chatter but, there was nothing in the plug except for the coin. No signal at all and nothing on the screen after recovery but a bit of splatter before. I was in Ferrous-Coin, noise cancelled. Maybe sens. Auto+3 was a bit too hot for the site? Maybe it was an old piece of iron that disintegrated on recovery. Just thinking. The ground is frozen now so, I can't do much more than think about it. Must be a cabin feaver :sadwalk:

I've had that happen too. I've chalked it up to hot ground in my area. Usually when I've had it happen I've been in a sort of small pea gravel mixed into some loose soil. Maybe some hot rocks or high mineralization. Usually dropping my sensitivity down a notch or two and a quick noise cancel resolves the issue. ronfin brings up a good point too though. The farther away the coin is from the coil, the smaller the red dot becomes and it may even turn orangish yellow. Works both ways too. You'll find that a coin that is close to the coil will sometimes go outside of the defined crosshairs but it will usually not be by much and it will retain a squarish look to it. It will most likely be accompanied by a "double hit" indicating close proximity.

Hi Andrew,

Good Q.

Please see my short article on Target Trace via this link.

Good Hunting

Des D

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?86,1827869