Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Clean Your Equinox Power Cord Terminals

LawrencetheMDer

I was on a 5 hr hunt yesterday when my WM08 module died; it started to loose signal from the Equinox and finally stopped producing sound. I had charged both the detector and WM-08 module prior to hunting and had used it many times before the current hunt. I was able to finish the hunt by plugging the ear buds directly into the detector.

When I got home I noticed that the rectangular terminals and pins on the power supply cords for both the WM-08 module and for the detector had green corrosion. The corrosion was easy to clean off and both units charged w/o incident.

I’m in Florida along the coast with high humidity and salt air. In addition, I usually leave the power cords plugged into the power adapter which may contribute to the development of corrosion on the terminals.

Just want to remind Equinox users to keep your power cord terminals as well as detector and WM-08 module terminals clean – otherwise, you might get caught with a dead unit. Happy Hunting

This is THE primary reason phone charging cords fail to charge also, at least in my house! Oxides on the contacts...good tip L.

Being the are magnetic an cause ferrous bits to collect, they are easily removed with a slow wiping action.
HH Jeff

I was on a 5 hr hunt yesterday when my WM08 module died; it started to loose signal from the Equinox and finally stopped producing sound. I had charged both the detector and WM-08 module prior to hunting and had used it many times before the current hunt. I was able to finish the hunt by plugging the ear buds directly into the detector.

When I got home I noticed that the rectangular terminals and pins on the power supply cords for both the WM-08 module and for the detector had green corrosion. The corrosion was easy to clean off and both units charged w/o incident.

I’m in Florida along the coast with high humidity and salt air. In addition, I usually leave the power cords plugged into the power adapter which may contribute to the development of corrosion on the terminals.

Just want to remind Equinox users to keep your power cord terminals as well as detector and WM-08 module terminals clean – otherwise, you might get caught with a dead unit. Happy Hunting

Thanks for the info as we're moving next month to FL and leaving the Jersey shore behind.....

I live in South Carolina near the beach. It is a must to clean the terminals and also get a better charging cord for the wireless headphones on the Nox. No problems charging the wireless phones since I got a quality cord.

I've found that a heavy piece of flannel cloth works a treat to clean and polish off both the male/female surfaces of the magnetic power connectors.
It's just the right combination of 'bite' without being too abrasive.

Cheap Blue painters tape Works great. Mine is always getting covered with magnet mineral material from the ground and sand on the beach.
funny thing is my ground balance is actually low in my area, haven’t figured that out yet.
Doug