Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Clock set

ML

It might be a dumb question, but how do you reset the time? I bought my CTX off someone that lived in a different time zone and it's been an hour off. Now today, somehow it's not only an hour off but it reset to a 24 hour clock instead of a 12 hour and I have no idea why it changed. I called Minelab last week concerning this and the guy thought that I should reset it but he didn't really know. I did a search on the forum with no luck Thanks

Under the 'Options Menu", I see on page 49 it talks about time set, and sync if GPS time sync is on. I did not bring the machine to check out exactly what the sequence of buttons are.

Go to GPS Settings, Locality Settings, Time Zone or Time Format. Page 48 - 49 in the manual.

Thanks, everyone. My main detector over the years was a Sov and I'm a tad lost with some of these features (actually most of them) ha ha.

Roland58 said:
".........The Time Zone is something called UTC (Universal Time Coordination, or, something like that).....kinda like GMT (Greenwich Mean Time), I think. You may have to experiment a bit with this to get it right. I'm in the Central time zone of the U.S. and I had to set mine on -5:00 or -6:00 to get the time right......doesn't make sense to me, besides, the clock is too damn small to see for me, anyway! I just look at my watch."

You can also set the date time, etc. when in XChange2. They are in the Universal settings. If the date and time are incorrect in your machine, this info for your GeoHunts, FindPoints, and WayPoints will be incorrect as well. If I remember correctly, when daylight Savings ends in Nov., the UTC may need to be changed from -6:00 to -5:00 in the US Central Time Zone, to keep the time correct. I guess we'll find out soon.....

I thought it would, but it seems like I had to manually change it at the last Savings Time Change. But the the "ole bean" isn't what it used to be, so I may be mistaken. it is no big deal one way or the other. If the clock is wrong after the Saving time change, just change the UTC to allow the CTX to show the correct time.............HH

What!! You mean it does just "auto-set" it for you?
Man, they should reduce the price for that Cadillac. Hah!

You could alway use some velcro to mount a Timex Expedition to the display stalk........of course, you would still have to manually compensate for DST!

Here is info for Missouri, copied from the TimeTemperature.com site:

UTC - GMT Missouri is GMT/UTC - 6h during Standard Time
Offset Missouri is GMT/UTC - 5h during Daylight Saving Time

Daylight Saving Missouri does utilize Daylight Saving Time.
Time Usage

So with that info, I would guess that the UTC will need to be changed manually whenever DST starts or stops. If I'm incorrect, I'm sure someone will correct me............
My thought is "auto set" is to keep the time from wandering off (fast/slow), but not account for Daylight Savings Time.

C&RHunter,
You may well be correct, however, I was under the impression that the GPS clock would function like that of the GPS in my car......I don't have to change it, at least, I can't recall having to. Like you, the ol' bean 'tis a tad dried out.

C&RHunter is correct, you have to change the UTC offset, especially if you have GPS time sync turned on. Last year after the time change, I reset my time manually instead of changing the offset, and the GPS time sync would simply change right back (an hour off). I finally figured out that I had to change the offset. I doubt that it matters if you have the GPS time sync turned off...either change the time or the offset. A DST setting in there would have been nice.

According to the Minelab manual: Under Set Time, you can change or set time, however, this option is only available if the GPS time Sync is NOT selected.

That sounds like it does make a difference, you can't make changes with the GPS time Sync on.......probably, why your clock changed back. Of course, like everything else....I could be wrong.

Roland58 said:
According to the Minelab manual: Under Set Time, you can change or set time, however, this option is only available if the GPS time Sync is NOT selected.

That sounds like it does make a difference, you can't make changes with the GPS time Sync on.......probably, why your clock changed back. Of course, like everything else....I could be wrong.

Yeah, I think you are right...I bought the machine in February, and I didn't want to turn on the GPS until I learned more about the machine and it's settings. When it came time to change time, I just reset the time instead of changing the offset. A few weeks later, I turned the GPS on and it changed the time back to match the offset. Once I changed the offset, the time was okay. What I meant by "it doesn't make a difference", is if you never turn the GPS sync on you can change the time manually or by changing the offset, but once you turn sync on the offset needs to be correct. I wish they had included a DST setting in there, as that would eliminate the need to change the offset twice a year.

Daylight Savings Time ended in the wee hours this morning. I just fired up the CTX, verified that GPS TIme Sync was checked, and then acquired GPS signal. The clock was incorrect, so I manually changed the UTC offset (for me in the US CTZ, from UTC -5:00 to -6:00 to get the hour correct)........

Even here in the US, not all States implement DST. So when we go back and forth from DST, we may have to make adjustments to our clocks, depending on where we live.

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/