Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coil cover help!

Mark is right. General purpose epoxies should not have any metal in them. The one that was used by a forum member that caused problems was JBweld.
You should be fine. Hope it all works out for you in the end.
HH y'all

Hello fellow Detectorists, my name is Ray.
A club member of Okanagan Treasure Hunters Club (OTHC) directed me to this forum.
After 3 hunts at our local ski hill my coil cover was shattered (stock coil for my AT PRO) so I decided to make my own,I call it the SKID PLATE.
Gets closer to target,protects outer and inner parts of coil (bumper),zip ties/cable ties UV protected easy to put on and take off for cleaning and or maintenance,doesn't void manufactures warranty of coil (like epoxy or bed liner spray),good for -30 C to plus 40 C.or -22 F to 104 F (+/-),weight under 7 oz. for AT PRO and SHADOW X 5 and the best part (in my opinion) I will warranty the SKID PLATE
for 10 years.
If your interested great,if not hope to see you at our annual Treasures in the Sand Hunt in Penticton BC this coming September 2017. GL and HH

Ray